RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm livid! Royal Canin made this posting in their Facebook page in Finland a while ago.

RC_facebook.png

There was a picture of a dog food bowl with no sides in their web page. You may not be able to understand what the text means, but I will try to translate. You will get the point.

The original swedish text goes something like this.

"Greedy dogs can benefit from eating slower. Some dogs can eat their foor too fast that can lead to poor digestion, increased gas formation and sometimes vomiting. In such cases, it may be worth trying to serve the meal on a tray and or use food specially developed for the breed to encourage them to chew."

This is how it has been translated to the finnish website.

"No bowls with sides for short muzzled breeds. It may be difficult for short muzzled dogs to eat from bowls with high sides. To make eating easier serve their food from a tray or bowl that is especially dedigned for you dogs needs."

I asked a group of pug, frenchie and bulldog people have they ever countered this problem and they were all as baffled as I am.

Royal Canin Nordic replied that it was a "little slip up" in translation. This slip up has been on the website for, we don't know how long. Notice the smiley in the Facebook posting....

Royal Canin Nordic acted very indifferently replied that it has been corrected, can we just forget it.

I truly hope nobody feeds RC to their bullies, not just cause it's crap, but also cause their false marketing that only harms the bulldogs reputation.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sad isnā€™t it? Was saying in another thread, when big companies are realizing they are loosing the costumers as people are getting more educated on dog food and paying more attention to the ingredients thatā€™s in a bag, well, just like this ad, RC will stop at nothing to market ā€œliesā€ and try getting the attention of customers. I recall when I was in university doing business/management, my very first book was marketing. Big heavy thick book. The illustrations, wording on how to capture the clients...simply a lot of twisted words. People needs to learn to read between the lines.

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I sent a message to the headquaters in the US, but probably hey will not respond. I would like to see some heads roll with this one or just stop them manufacturing that **** for bulldogs.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I sent a message to the headquaters in the US, but probably hey will not respond. I would like to see some heads roll with this one or just stop them manufacturing that **** for bulldogs.

:2thumbs:

Iā€™m with you 200% on that crap. I simply canā€™t understand why pet owners out there feeding RC to their dogs with all the studies and proof itā€™s not a kibble fit for any pet. Unless you own a bird. Itā€™s so not rocket science, any animal on the planet with canine teeth or fangs are meat eaters not grains. And all these people wanting to turn their pets to vegetarians or vegans.... like really??? Anyhoooo, Let me know if you get a response. Curious.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Growl!! They are all such liars just to make money and no care for the animals at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.