helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning pet owners not to feed a specific lot of Hare Today Gone Tomorrow pet food after Salmonella and Listeria bacteria were discovered in the product.

To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link:
FDA Finds Salmonella and Listeria in Hare Today Pet Food

Please be sure to share the news of this alert with other pet owners.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have a friend that gets her food from Hare Today and she said she got a newsletter saying they were going to do a voluntary recall of their chicken because during a surprise inspection, samples taken showed Listeria and maybe Salmonella and that yesterday they posted and said that the recall was cancelled because they fought the "results" and asked for more information about the temperatures of the samples when they were submitted to the lab for testing, the temperature of the samples when they were taken from their site, and some other info that was not available from the FDA. The samples also, apparently, didn't have a government seal on them when the lab received them, so there was no way to tell if or when they had really been collected or compromised.

I feel like something similar happened with the Answers beef. I really do think that big pet food companies are behind all of this nonsense because more and more people are feeding raw.

I am not going to stop feeding raw. This morning on the news I saw a Gold Medal Flour recall because of potential salmonella!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

The thing is that pet owners are more educated on what theyā€™re feeding their pets. For sure all the ā€œbig gunsā€ in the pet industry and even vets, are realizing that people are educating themselves on pet food. Why nowadays the ā€œbig gunsā€ are coming out of their old traditional crappy kibbles to ā€œgrain freeā€ kibbles? They have to as theyā€™re losing all the educated pet owners thatā€™s reading more their ingredients. Thatā€™s a lot of billions hitting their pockets. Itā€™s all the little family owned companies that started at the bottom like an example Acana/orijen (and others) stuck to their recipe and even improved the recipes to have a healthier pet thatā€™s paid off for them. They might not make billions like some but they sure listen to the pet owners. These family own companies are also seeing these pet owners going more n more towards raw. Question of time they will also provide raw. Some already have under different company name. I hate to say it to but I sure wouldnā€™t be surprised the putting down raw or these recalls has to do with the ā€œbig gunsā€ and even vets. Makes you wonder. Iā€™m with you, Iā€™ll always feed my dogs raw, feed them daily a bit of fresh veggies, fruits, herbs and of course essential oils.

Check this out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=soDAmeAIEHo

Most Reactions

Members online