Question about NuVet plus and Fromms

RockosDad

Mar 8, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocko
When I first got Rocko from the breeder he was on Iams proactive adult mini chunk and the breeder gave me NuVet plus and NuJoint plus since an adult food wouldnt have everything in it to support his puppy needs. Well since lurking these forums I've switched Rocko to Fromms a month ago but now I'm wondering if I should stop giving him the NuVet with him being on Fromms. I've heard not to give any extra calcium to bullies and the NuVet has 100mg in it along with lots of other things. I can see the NuJoint plus being useful but should I get rid of the NuVet?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What I do is give NuVet supplement every 3 days or so. Just not everyday. It is good to make sure they are getting all the nutrients they need, but yes you dont want to overdose either. NuVet also has some herbal supplements that you won't find in kibble, which is why I still like to give them one twice a week.

But nutritionally, with Fromm, fresh veggies/fruits as treats, you are doing great in the nutrition dept. Your dog probably eats healthier then you do! (Heck I know MINE DO!!!) :lol:
Hope that helps!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I don't want to butt in..but [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]..can you tell me if fromm and/or nat variety are all stages..safe for pups? Considering making a change for Jake..but he seems to be doing so well on dvp natural balane..the ultra classic formula..I am nervous about messing with his diet?

OP
RockosDad

RockosDad

Mar 8, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocko
Thank you desertsky for the quick response I think I'll stick to the once every 3 days then, and you're right he eats a lot healthier than me lol I think the majority of Bullies on here eat healthier than their owners haha but thats a good thing our bodies can take the abuse a lot better than theirs

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I don't want to butt in..but [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]..can you tell me if fromm and/or nat variety are all stages..safe for pups? Considering making a change for Jake..but he seems to be doing so well on dvp natural balane..the ultra classic formula..I am nervous about messing with his diet?

I know NV Instict is all life, Fromm 4* is all life, not sure about the prairie formula for NV, but the other Fromm formula has a puppy formula you can give.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thank you desertsky for the quick response I think I'll stick to the once every 3 days then, and you're right he eats a lot healthier than me lol I think the majority of Bullies on here eat healthier than their owners haha but thats a good thing our bodies can take the abuse a lot better than theirs

[MENTION=1979]RockosDad[/MENTION], you are absoltely right the majority of the bullies including mine eat way healthier than the owners, but where I disagree...my body can not take the abuse better, Vegas has a slim waist UNLIKE his mommy!! :lol:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
[MENTION=1979]RockosDad[/MENTION], you are absoltely right the majority of the bullies including mine eat way healthier than the owners, but where I disagree...my body can not take the abuse better, Vegas has a slim waist UNLIKE his mommy!! :lol:

Right on. I wish I was as strict with my own diet as my bullies! If only I couldn't reach in my cupboards!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.