aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Hi friends, i need some advice on how much honest kitchen to feed Lola. I tried the recommended 2 cups (dry) per day (with added water of course) for 50lb dog, but she was pooping like crazy! Like middle of the night 4th poops crazy. She had been a once a day pooper her whole life. So i reduced her daily intake to half of that (recommended for like 35 lb dog) and poops are back to normal. After a week, she's looking thin. So how much do you feed based on your dogs weight???

Dog tax below :)
356234c68568df2940b89de89737ba7b.jpg
eb15bb626794e558fe83f407ece754d5.jpg
60e453621a933cbc509bbdc05c430ce2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
what a sweetheart... and, i was feeding hk for a good while but now forgot how much :/ so no help here. Just wanted to say what cutie's you have. Many others have used so hopefully you'll get some better answers :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I use to feed Nyala HK but I didnā€™t last long on it...itā€™s a fantastic product buy [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] n [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] fed their dogs much longer with HK than me. I canā€™t recall Nyala pooping that much though. Also just remember to give them frozen raw marrow bones so they keep them teeth chewing n using them...hang on Iā€™m sure they will answer you.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
There was awhile Louie was getting HK for his pm meal and kibble in the am. I canā€™t remember how much I gave him but I know his poops werenā€™t out of control. Can you try feeding more than you are now but a little less than you were?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Reading [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] post got me thinking, yup I do that once in a while..... I never gave Nyala 2cups as recommended cause she had a lunch snack and still to this day. I did like you gave her 1/2. You have to remember that HK is like feeding raw so they will look thinner which will NOT harm Madame Lola. Raw is not filled with fillers like starches, legumes, potatoes etc. I personally rather have both my furballs on the thinner side and they can move faster and stay healthier. Iā€™m often on the road n sometimes have my dogs babysat at one of the kids, I always have on hand Acana (Lamb). They will only get 2/3 cup 2x per day if babysitting somewhere. They donā€™t need more n both weigh 50lbs.

Btw, aside from HK, what else do you feed her throughout the day?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I was feeding Only Natural EasyRaw dehydrated raw, the recommended amount on side of bag, I think 3/4 cup twice a day, since she is a smaller French bulldog. My dog lost weight on recommended amount, and was pooing about 3 times a day, but it wasn't overly loose, so I kept her on recommended amount.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Recommended per day is good but donā€™t forget if youā€™re feeding extras throughout the dat is over feeding. If her snacks are veggies, fish or a proper snack I would watch the daily intake.

handsomedan

Apr 2, 2018
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dan and Auggie
We feed honest kitchen and give them the recommended portion which is 2 cups a day for their size. It definitely took some time for their poops to get back to normal, even after slowly introducing it do their diet, but they are doing great with it now! Maybe she just needs a little longer to adjust to the new food?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Recommended per day is good but donā€™t forget if youā€™re feeding extras throughout the dat is over feeding. If her snacks are veggies, fish or a proper snack I would watch the daily intake.

I do agree with this BUT I think it also depends on your dog and how active they are. With Louie being Louie, and always running around burning calories, I was having to feed him more.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi friends, i need some advice on how much honest kitchen to feed Lola. I tried the recommended 2 cups (dry) per day (with added water of course) for 50lb dog, but she was pooping like crazy! Like middle of the night 4th poops crazy. She had been a once a day pooper her whole life. So i reduced her daily intake to half of that (recommended for like 35 lb dog) and poops are back to normal. After a week, she's looking thin. So how much do you feed based on your dogs weight???

Dog tax below :)
356234c68568df2940b89de89737ba7b.jpg
eb15bb626794e558fe83f407ece754d5.jpg
60e453621a933cbc509bbdc05c430ce2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What beauties! No insight on THK, I feed for a few weeks, but ended up moving to raw

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.