Anyone feeding their EB Nutra-Nugget?

Shaun

Oct 7, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubs
The breader that sold me the pup said he was feeding him Nutra-Nugget adult. 0A30C6BA-0103-427D-BF8E-2EC775D8B294.jpegIā€™m wondering if thatā€™s because that what he was feeding the momma and wanted to save money by not buying the right puppy food. My pup is about 10 weeks old and has normal stools. Should I switch or just leave it? Is he missing out on certain nutrients from puppy foods? Like I said, heā€™s fine as far and I can tell.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I looked this up on dog food advisor... 3 stars, I would not feed it. Lots of grains and by-products.

if you want a good kibble some of the ones many have great results with are :
Zingature
Fromm
Acana
Orijen
Earthborn Holistic

OP
S

Shaun

Oct 7, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubs
Thank you, what type of insurance do you recommend?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you, what type of insurance do you recommend?

If you start feeding your pup with quality kibbles, youā€™ll see less of a vet. I canā€™t recommend insurance as in Canada itā€™s all double what you guys pay. Others will fill you in...I personally have a credit card just for the dogs.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have Nationwide which has helped with my Frenchie as heā€™s had 3 surgeries in less than a year and theyā€™ve covered 90% of all costs. I havenā€™t need to use it for Louie yet. But some people have a credit card just to use for vet bills. In my case, that wouldnā€™t have worked so Iā€™m thankful I have the insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
The Nutra Nuggets Lamb Meal and Rice is certified for mature dogs only, so another reason not to use it. The beef and Performance formulas are rated suitable for all life stages, but you might as well switch to a better brand as mentioned.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
If you want to get pet insurance, get it now, as later on they will add more and more pre-existing conditions that are excluded since they have your vet send them your dog's veterinary file. eg. if your dog has an ear infection they will exclude any ear infections for a year . Some people do well with pet insurance, I got my dog as an elderly rescue so there were too many exclusions so I didn't bother getting it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have Nationwide which has helped with my Frenchie as heā€™s had 3 surgeries in less than a year and theyā€™ve covered 90% of all costs. I havenā€™t need to use it for Louie yet. But some people have a credit card just to use for vet bills. In my case, that wouldnā€™t have worked so Iā€™m thankful I have the insurance.

YET???? No no there will be NO YET! :tapfoot::nono:

OP
S

Shaun

Oct 7, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubs
Can you please explain to me the proposer way to make the food switch transition as smooth as possible?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can you please explain to me the proposer way to make the food switch transition as smooth as possible?

There is an article under ā€˜bulldog informationā€™. ā€˜Why does my puppy have diarrheaā€™. It has a chart you can use for measurements

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.