Help Needed! Allergies with my 1 year old Bulldogs Yogi and Moose (Brothers)

sregister

Jul 11, 2018
Atlanta, Georiga
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose and Yogi
I have been Feeding my Bulldogs Nutro Puppy Chicken and about 1 month ago I switched to Nutro Adult Chicken. They both have broke out around their mouths with large raised bumps. Not Sure if its the food. What are the best foods for Bulldogs that have allergies?

Thanks
Sherry

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Most people stay away from chicken as it is a common issue with bulldogs. If you want to stick to kibble, some high quality brands are Fromm, Acana, Orijen, Zignature, just to name a few.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have been Feeding my Bulldogs Nutro Puppy Chicken and about 1 month ago I switched to Nutro Adult Chicken. They both have broke out around their mouths with large raised bumps. Not Sure if its the food. What are the best foods for Bulldogs that have allergies?

Thanks
Sherry

I would get off the chicken and make sure it is grain free.... as Citty suggested, if staying with kibble us a high quality … Zingnature, Fromm, Acana, Earthborn Holistic, Natures Varity

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Agree with what was written above, but with an additional thought:
There's a few ingredients in Nutro Wholesome Essentials Farm Raised Chicken,brown rice and sweet potato recipe that aren't in the Nutro Wholesome Essentials Large Breed puppy food. eg. Barley, Lamb Meal, Dried Sweet Potato, Flaxseed, Dried Plain Beet Pulp . I would switch to a better brand that doesn't include those ingredients if you can avoid them.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.