question on 'cod liver oil'

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
in the weeeee ours of the darkest night, ha, i got to thinking of something... LONG ago, i remember the deal was........ Dont eat anything comming from the liver of anything as that is the filter. sooooooooo, i just got thinking, then why would the "cod liver oil" be so good?????????

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
in the weeeee ours of the darkest night, ha, i got to thinking of something... LONG ago, i remember the deal was........ Dont eat anything comming from the liver of anything as that is the filter. sooooooooo, i just got thinking, then why would the "cod liver oil" be so good?????????

Cause itā€™s a fish liver and not a hog that eats anything under the sun. :yes: Or if you want to compare it to fish oil, well fish oil are mostly all farmed fish... in my book, thatā€™s a FAT no no with all the crap they feed the farm fish n meds they give them...thatā€™s my 2 cents.

Iā€™ve mentioned in other posts that if youā€™re going to buy CLO make sure itā€™s organic, certified, in a glass bottle and especially check out the maker of the company. CLO needs to be heated at low temperatures to keep all nutrients in it. Most companies out there are not doing it right. Heated at high temperatures to stuff it in capsules. Also CLO is basically vitamin A but it needs vitamin D in it for it to be 100% beneficial. Well like when you take calcium, you need D mixed inside or itā€™s useless. Wait.... got a great link on CLO how it started... :rundog::rundog:

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/cod-liver-oil-myths-truths/

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
well thank ya ;) heading over to that 'link' now :)

Marte

Jul 26, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barre
Thanks for the advice, I'll take the liver out of its food.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.