fish oils etc

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
soooooooo ,, i started to ask this on the "broth" thread as we got taking about fish oil as well but decided i'd start a new one................ Sometime over the past two years with Hank, i used Krill oil as suggested by Dr Becker for it's non toxic and nicely potent qualities. We liked it and i think it did GREAT for his coat. Just curious if any other opinions on that, and another question......... Why do 'capsules' need to be poped or cut open? Wont a dogs gut take care of it? I know when i was using them, i always poped open, but never was sure why. Thanks guys :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
As you know Iā€™m not keen on any fish oil especially in capsules.

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/fish-oil-omega-3-dogs-safe/

The gelatin capsules issue is they are contamination from glyphosate. In another word, herbicides like Round-Up. So it allows glyphosate to become naturally concentrated in the collagen. This will show up in gelatin capsules...

Hmmmm hope that made sense...or simply google glyphosate n softgel capsules.

https://healthfreedomidaho.org/the-...ver-used-now-found-in-our-natural-suppliments

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
As you know Iā€™m not keen on any fish oil especially in capsules.

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/fish-oil-omega-3-dogs-safe/

The gelatin capsules issue is they are contamination from glyphosate. In another word, herbicides like Round-Up. So it allows glyphosate to become naturally concentrated in the collagen. This will show up in gelatin capsules...

Hmmmm hope that made sense...or simply google glyphosate n softgel capsules.

https://healthfreedomidaho.org/the-...ver-used-now-found-in-our-natural-suppliments

Since gelatin is made from collagen ( derived from bone and skin from cows or pigs, or from a vegetarian source ) , it could contain glyphosphate. But if you just puncture the capsule you won't be giving your dog any gelatin. I'm sure all raw dog food contains ground up bone, so you will be giving your dog glyphosphate from that source, and much more of it.

That article from dogsnaturallymagazine is pretty poorly written- eg. it claims that fish oil contains toxins, but the fish oil you buy in capsules has the toxins distilled out, and there is a claim of purity on the label to that effect. Another example is the study from Mata that was quoted to prove that as you increase the intake of fish oil you increase oxidative damage. I looked at the abstract of the Mata study, but didn't look at the complete study, and didn't see fish oil even mentioned- all I learned was that monounsaturated fat was the best for lowering LDL levels.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
interesting stuff. once again, im a rotator so i usually dont over doo any one thing at a time, but,,,,,,,, i do remember that the krill really got his coat back under control and is 'supposedly' the least toxic as they're so tiny. .. I did just get capsules of Carlson cod liver oil from our Sprouts store and will squeeze some and not squeeze some. they're Norwegian wild caught and sustainable methods etc. Next i'll prob just throw a fish every few days, and then nx may use some Krill ;) Thanks ll your input :) LOVE it!! But now that i think about it....... what about our bone broth? if we arent getting our bones from organic clean sources, arent we leaching out that "glyphosphate" stuff potently into our broth? (like i believe Dollys Owner was suggesting? ) I have a great source of it, but????????

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
interesting stuff. once again, im a rotator so i usually dont over doo any one thing at a time, but,,,,,,,, i do remember that the krill really got his coat back under control and is 'supposedly' the least toxic as they're so tiny. .. I did just get capsules of Carlson cod liver oil from our Sprouts store and will squeeze some and not squeeze some. they're Norwegian wild caught and sustainable methods etc. Next i'll prob just throw a fish every few days, and then nx may use some Krill ;) Thanks ll your input :) LOVE it!! But now that i think about it....... what about our bone broth? if we arent getting our bones from organic clean sources, arent we leaching out that "glyphosphate" stuff potently into our broth? (like i believe Dollys Owner was suggesting? ) I have a great source of it, but????????

Yes itā€™s so hard to keep up with what we can consume nowadays. Very hard to avoid @100%. Best way is to find grass fed beef, organic n all that jazz. Pretty soon we wonā€™t be eating...

Monsanto Company was an agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation. It was headquartered in Creve Coeur, Greater St. Louis, Missouri. Monsanto developed Roundup, a glyphosate-based herbicide in the 1970s, and became a major producer of genetically engineered crops.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Iā€™m afraid guys fish oil and gelatin capsules should be your least concern in case of glyphosate. Glyphosate is in every single fruit and vegetable, itā€™s in the water because everyone pours it on their lawn etc. Corn we eat is genetically modified to be able to survive glyphosate showers...if you ever tried to grow your own fruits and vegetables you know what happens if you try to go organic - you will be lucky if 20 percent of harvest survives. So you should be able to imagine how much nice chemicals go into shiny red apples etc you buy in the grocery stores? I personally would relax about gelatine. Itā€™s not a primary source of toxins in your diet.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Exactly Helene! Monsanto is taking good care of us. I was delighted when I read they were obliged to pay 290 millions to a gardener with cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Iā€™m sure cancer rates could be less if they didnā€™t pour that glyphosate everywhere!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Exactly Helene! Monsanto is taking good care of us. I was delighted when I read they were obliged to pay 290 millions to a gardener with cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Iā€™m sure cancer rates could be less if they didnā€™t pour that glyphosate everywhere!

Make sure never vote for Hilary Clinton as they are good buddies n will sure open their door... :(
Ok thatā€™s another story ....

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
There's a lot of conflicting information on the Internet, and you really have to form your own decisions.
eg. Coconut oil - It's great https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/the-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil/
-It's poison according to Harvard professor https://www.theguardian.com/food/2018/aug/22/coconut-oil-is-pure-poison-says-harvard-professor

I get SO irritated about these articles... every time I turn around, we are doing something that is NOW considered harmful!!! :facepalm2:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I get SO irritated about these articles... every time I turn around, we are doing something that is NOW considered harmful!!! :facepalm2:

Just go according to your gut. If it works for your dogs n the results are great, stick to it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
YES, BIG problem with internet as anyone and everyone can just post anything. I said this often, you need to read but NOT take everything thatā€™s said to a ā€œTā€ as we say. There are a lot of companies and governments under another alien name that will make sure the readers will stay confused. Example.......

Sound Frequencies....itā€™s a known fact it breaks upi cancer cells in a body up to 60%. Been studied and proven in 1934 - 1960. Government took that research off the market fast. Why? Itā€™s all about pharmaceutical. Keep people sick it a big money maker!!! Or in the same era, same thing when they discover how to stop epilepsy, simply get off carbs and up your GOOD fats. Epilepsy gone. Or simply do the Ketogenic diet and youā€™ll get rid of a lot of health issues and shed fat very fast in a healthy way. Even farmers, all going towards what makes more money. Government tells them what the people want. Today you can get 3crops of wheat in a summer. Todayā€™s wheat is the biggest culprit for health issues. Farmers should start growing what people want not the government. Like Einkorn Flour. Ancient grain of over 5000yrs old. Pure! Just a couple farmers grow this flour. Italy n here in British Columbia. These are just a couple examples cause I can go on but I wonā€™t..

Like [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] said, itā€™s so confusing and yet, people out there purposely makes it confusing. These days we are noticing raw is dangerous, acana is dangerous kibble, essential oils are dangerous etc etc... just these 3 examples are the best products you can give to any dogs. It makes you wonder if itā€™s not the veterinarian associations n government arenā€™t behind these bull caca statements. So yes, just read with a ā€œgrain of saltā€. Go with what works for your dog n what you can afford. Or post what works great for your dog soeveryone can read that might help them... Ok ok Im stopping loll

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
and NOW :) a whole bunch of *good stuff* so thanks, i LOVE reading this all :) and, .... i was comming on at first to say that i used to squeeze the capsules and give the capsule itself with the little bit of oil to the chi.... lol soooooo, for what it's worth, i do my best to read, and then switch things up. A bunch of good readers here to help :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.