ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks guys... the vet is coming by this week to give Wallygator a once over. I'm going to look into the raw patties again... I'm not really sure there is a company around here that delivers a good quality raw, I may end up getting what is delivered at our local pet store.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks guys... the vet is coming by this week to give Wallygator a once over. I'm going to look into the raw patties again... I'm not really sure there is a company around here that delivers a good quality raw, I may end up getting what is delivered at our local pet store.

Sorry so late... rW has made a big difference for Lambeau along with cytopoint. However, he still has a runny eye and pink chin... ears are clear for most part, but he look great .

Melatonin did nothing for his SFA, I went fish oil and vitamin D, which helped— once one raw it slowly grew on.

Good luck, I hope you find a good raw to work for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
UPDATE on my babies...

Vet came by yesterday... we have decided that since the allergies have been off the chain this summer, we are going to give him the Cytopoint shot every 4 weeks. At least until we feel like his issues are clearing up. I'm going to look into a limited kibble for now, and see if that helps.

Willow had a spot that I thought was a hot spot, but after it was shaved the vet thinks she may have been bitten by something. Anyway, she can get at it w/her back paws so now she has to wear a shirt until it's not red/angry looking anymore. BOY is she thrilled :biglaugh: These two have been killing us slowly financially this summer!!! I need a job... LMAO!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hate to hear of the suffering, trouble & expense of it all
to one of my favorite families. Praying these shots & food
changes bring swift relief. Big hugs to all, XOXO

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE on my babies...

Vet came by yesterday... we have decided that since the allergies have been off the chain this summer, we are going to give him the Cytopoint shot every 4 weeks. At least until we feel like his issues are clearing up. I'm going to look into a limited kibble for now, and see if that helps.

Willow had a spot that I thought was a hot spot, but after it was shaved the vet thinks she may have been bitten by something. Anyway, she can get at it w/her back paws so now she has to wear a shirt until it's not red/angry looking anymore. BOY is she thrilled :biglaugh: These two have been killing us slowly financially this summer!!! I need a job... LMAO!!!

Cytopoint is fantastic!!! Lambeau is able to go 8 weeks now between shots

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Great ! I'm guessing it's because you switched him to raw, not because Cytopoint is working better than before.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Jax is going on week 10 right now. Hopefully I don’t jinx myself now lol.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Sorry so late... rW has made a big difference for Lambeau along with cytopoint. However, he still has a runny eye and pink chin... ears are clear for most part, but he look great .

Melatonin did nothing for his SFA, I went fish oil and vitamin D, which helped— once one raw it slowly grew on.

Good luck, I hope you find a good raw to work for him.

Have you ever tried oral immunotherapy for Lambeau? eg. Respit . Although Cytopoint is the safest drug out there, much safer than Apoquel or cyclosporin or prednisone, we still don't know whether targeting Interleukin 31 can produce any problems over the long term. I think if my dog Honey's allergies got bad enough to require Cytopoint, I would start Respit at same time if I could afford it, and after 6 months try taking her off Cytopoint.

Also, there's a new study that high dose Vitamin D helps with atopic dermatitis, but blood calcium levels have to be monitored by vet since high calcium levels can cause problems such as bladder stones or even coma. I wouldn't give the Vitamin D because Honey rarely goes to vet ( just for vaccinations ) .

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you ever tried oral immunotherapy for Lambeau? eg. Respit . Although Cytopoint is the safest drug out there, much safer than Apoquel or cyclosporin or prednisone, we still don't know whether targeting Interleukin 31 can produce any problems over the long term. I think if my dog Honey's allergies got bad enough to require Cytopoint, I would start Respit at same time if I could afford it, and after 6 months try taking her off Cytopoint.

Also, there's a new study that high dose Vitamin D helps with atopic dermatitis, but blood calcium levels have to be monitored by vet since high calcium levels can cause problems such as bladder stones or even coma. I wouldn't give the Vitamin D because Honey rarely goes to vet ( just for vaccinations ) .

Right now we are only doing Cytopoint point during spring and summer his allergies are at the worst during those seasons so he gets maybe three sshots a year If it comes to where he needs them more often our vet has already indicated he won’t do long term with it there are other options if his allergies get worse

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Right now we are only doing Cytopoint point during spring and summer his allergies are at the worst during those seasons so he gets maybe three sshots a year If it comes to where he needs them more often our vet has already indicated he won’t do long term with it there are other options if his allergies get worse

I know you like to give some raw local honey which is great for allergies, especially if you start in spring and continue daily through out the summer. it's kind of the same principle as immunotherapy. I'm a little concerned with giving it to my dog since she tends to get yeast, so I'm thinking of trying some local bee pollen at a local farmers market. I'll just give a tiny amount to start then I read to give:

26 - 50 lbs: 1/2 tsp
51 - 75 lbs: 2/3 tsp
76 - 100 lbs+: 1 tsp

A nice reference for bee products:
https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/10_9/features/Bee-Honey-Products-Help-Canines_15967-1.html

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know you like to give some raw local honey which is great for allergies, especially if you start in spring and continue daily through out the summer. it's kind of the same principle as immunotherapy. I'm a little concerned with giving it to my dog since she tends to get yeast, so I'm thinking of trying some local bee pollen at a local farmers market. I'll just give a tiny amount to start then I read to give:

26 - 50 lbs: 1/2 tsp
51 - 75 lbs: 2/3 tsp
76 - 100 lbs+: 1 tsp

A nice reference for bee products:
https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/10_9/features/Bee-Honey-Products-Help-Canines_15967-1.html

I had stopped the honey... wasn’t seeing any results..... bee pollen sounds good, i may look for it! Keep us posted on the results

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm afraid to give Wallygator honey... he'd blow up like a balloon!!! He weighs almost as much as my boxer Roxie did :ohmy:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm afraid to give Wallygator honey... he'd blow up like a balloon!!! He weighs almost as much as my boxer Roxie did :ohmy:

WHAT!? He is a solid boy!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.