kbhoney31

Jul 28, 2018
Oklahoma
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sammy
My sister bought a bully and after a week decided he was too much to handle. She gave him to us knowing weā€™d be a good home for him. Sammy (our lil guy) is 10 weeks old and she had him on Hills Science Diet for puppies since that was what PetSmart suggested. Obviously she did no research whatsoever about them before she purchased him, he was just cute. Weā€™ve never had a bully before but we were given a Morkie almost 2 years ago and love her to death. I didnā€™t realize bullys had so many allergies. All I knew is that they were adorable and they drool and fart. Weā€™ve had him for 3 days now and are in in it for the long haul because we absolutely do not believe in having a pet and not taking the absolute best care of it with everything. All this said we live in rural Oklahoma away from all the big cities and the closest thing to me to purchase pet food is either Walmart or Tractor Supply. There is a PetCo about an hour away. Any suggestions for us in switching his food?

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I am in no way an expert of feeding but you will surely get lots of advice here. I just thank goodness my Bella has no allergies that we know of! She is my first and she is such a silly, lovable and stubborn little turd that make me laugh everyday.
We use Chewy.com. They deliver right to your door and their prices are comparable or cheaper than any store with free shipping for orders over $50. Delivery in two days and can even be on a monthly delivery.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My sister bought a bully and after a week decided he was too much to handle. She gave him to us knowing weā€™d be a good home for him. Sammy (our lil guy) is 10 weeks old and she had him on Hills Science Diet for puppies since that was what PetSmart suggested. Obviously she did no research whatsoever about them before she purchased him, he was just cute. Weā€™ve never had a bully before but we were given a Morkie almost 2 years ago and love her to death. I didnā€™t realize bullys had so many allergies. All I knew is that they were adorable and they drool and fart. Weā€™ve had him for 3 days now and are in in it for the long haul because we absolutely do not believe in having a pet and not taking the absolute best care of it with everything. All this said we live in rural Oklahoma away from all the big cities and the closest thing to me to purchase pet food is either Walmart or Tractor Supply. There is a PetCo about an hour away. Any suggestions for us in switching his food?

If youā€™re in the middle of nowhere, as mentioned order online as petco Iā€™m sure wonā€™t have quality kibbles. Online will be easier for you to get a proper kibbles. What you can do is feed frozen raw or home cook. Very important to start feeding them right or itā€™s down the road youā€™ll have issues. I feed raw n Iā€™m an Acana fan. But thatā€™s me.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Any dry dog kibble won't be as healthy as feeding your dog dehydrated raw or frozen raw. But if your dog doesn't have any allergies, you probably can feed a high quality dry dog kibble, preferably grain free and not chicken, since bulldogs tend to be allergic to that. Any 5 star recommendation on the dogfoodadvisor site will be ok. https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/dry/5-star/ Tractor Supply has Wellness Core and Merrick grain free, two 5 star brands. Make sure the dog food is for puppies or rated for all life stages, that way it has the proper calcium and phosphorus balance. If your dog develops allergies later (eg. licking paws, hot spots, ear infections or scratching ears ) you can look into getting into limited ingredient dry food ( which aren't usually rated for puppies ) or into dehydrated raw or frozen raw.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Some good kibble brands are Acana, Orijen, Fromm, Zignature...just to name a few. The Honest Kitchen and Grandma Lucy's are dehydrated raw which you just add water to and then there is fresh raw.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
No experience with puppies so can't help there but Chewy is great. I order all my pet food from them and the prices are excellent. I am paying the same as what I was from an independent pet store (can't buy Zignature at big box stores) and I don't have to drive several miles to do it. Win, win! Don't forget to switch the food over slowly.

We would love to see pictures of your puppy! And welcome, you will get any help you need here!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

As others have recommended.... Chewy.com will deliver right to your door. I think great options were mentioned as well... going kibble, stay away from chicken and grains.

Shaun

Oct 7, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubs
Must curious as to what the connection is with allergies and licking their paws?

Hanks dad

Oct 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Switched from Royal Canin (what Breeder had him on) to TOTW puppy - which is grain and bird free. His red cleared up within two weeks. Now I am dealing with tear stains. I got Hank at 2.5months old at 11 lbs. now heā€™s 4.5months and 40lbs! Heā€™s turning into Hank the Tank!!!!
043FA700-8BBB-47DB-9EA5-7CFC1BE0DCFD.jpeg966DDF04-398A-4D07-AEAF-CFDF541D27A1.jpeg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.