Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I would hope that Champion would have more integrity than this but maybe money is the honey. Letā€™s hope it doesnā€™t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
i WILLL DIE!! I sure hope this NOT TRUE...Time to get my google on:ROFL::ROFL:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nestle owns Purina. They should stick to their chocolates!

Like all big companies, if this is true itā€™s for money. [MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] from what Iā€™ve googled this Rodney Habib from FB was brought down from snopes.com as some of his older post werenā€™t true. Hopefully this one isnā€™t. Let me know what you find.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
... by the completion so there is no competition. :(

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
wow you girls are fast, THIS, and I was on their FB page, where they are neither comfirming or denying this "rumor"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
"If the sale goes throughā€¦will consumers buy Orijen and Acana if it is a Purina product?" Why woudn't they, since there is quite a lot of people who buy Purina sold as Purina. If there is a few who don't it doesn't weight much in the big picture with a companyt that size.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG... why is everything about money in our country?!! Small companies that do well don't even have a chance... or maybe that was their plan all along was to sell and move on.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG... why is everything about money in our country?!! Small companies that do well don't even have a chance... or maybe that was their plan all along was to sell and move on.

Youā€™re right just about money. If Purina sticks with the recipe n doesnā€™t alter it, that might be another story. But as we all know Nestle is buying out high quality products. They even have an agreement with our ā€œdumbā€ government buying our water to bottle it. Last year on this tv show called ā€œmarketplace ā€œ exposed Nestle n our government how our water is sold a few pennies to Nestle. Nestle is selling our water overseas. Now the government has to fix their agreement with Nestle cause we Canadians wonā€™t lose our beautiful lakes n all to money grab companies.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
So Iā€™ve emailed them yesterday to find out if it was true...here is what their email said.

Hi Helene,

Thank you for your email, we appreciate you taking the time to write in.

While we have certainly seen the speculation in media reports about Champion Petfoodsā€™ future, we hope you can appreciate that it is our policy to never comment on rumours or speculation in the market. Rumours about Champion being sold have been circulating over the past few years and will continue for as long we deliver on our promise to make the worldā€™s best pet food under our ACANA and ORIJEN brands.

Champion Petfoods continues to be privately held with investment from our Canadian partner, Bedford Capital, and our vision remainsā€”build trust with Pet Lovers everywhere. We are focused every day on delivering on our commitment to provide our customers with the worldā€™s best pet food and the highest quality service.

Kind Regards,

Ruth
Customer Care
Champion Petfoods LP

Toll Free 877-939-0006
11403 - 186 Street | Edmonton, AB, Canada | T5S 2W6

Members online

No members online now.