question about feeding raw frozen,,, while frozen

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
This may be an off thought but............. do dogs get "brain freeze" ? I swear when Hank leaves his bowl, when it's frozen solid (i dont feed completly frozen most of the time anymore) He gets itchey and sort of trembly for a bit. Could that be the reason? I know i cant eat too many bites of say ice cream at a time or drink a slurpy ( been a whole long time i've even said that word) w/o getting brain freeze so felt kinda bad thinking i was giving his food to him that way. Thoughts ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sure can.. I used to give Nitchkie ice cream to hide his medicine in and he would get his face all squished up until his mouth warmed up again. And that was just for a teaspoon maybe of ice cream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
This may be an off thought but............. do dogs get "brain freeze" ? I swear when Hank leaves his bowl, when it's frozen solid (i dont feed completly frozen most of the time anymore) He gets itchey and sort of trembly for a bit. Could that be the reason? I know i cant eat too many bites of say ice cream at a time or drink a slurpy ( been a whole long time i've even said that word) w/o getting brain freeze so felt kinda bad thinking i was giving his food to him that way. Thoughts ?

I thaw out individual portions - I usually throw in portions at lunch time into fridge for next day. I also warm it up just before serving by adding some microwaved filtered water to it. The warmed water isn't necessary but I like how it makes a nice stew of everything.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Reminds me of Duke. BEFORE each meal especially the morning one, he’s like a wild stallion in a field running, shaking his head left n right, yawning, trotting, ants in his pants...you name it, he does all that dance for a good minute till he gets his frozen meal. Can you imagine him getting a brain freeze???? Hollllyyyy crap. :faint::lmaogirl::lmaoboy::lmaogirl:

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
For a while I was putting his food in his bowl, and when I was making my tea water I would pour for my pot of tea and pour some of the kettle water on to his food just before I gave it to. That seemed easier on him so maybe I will go back to that and watch and see. Thanks for responses… Duke with brain freeze yikes LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Reminds me of Duke. BEFORE each meal especially the morning one, he’s like a wild stallion in a field running, shaking his head left n right, yawning, trotting, ants in his pants...you name it, he does all that dance for a good minute till he gets his frozen meal. Can you imagine him getting a brain freeze???? Hollllyyyy crap. :faint::lmaogirl::lmaoboy::lmaogirl:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions