Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
How many people give goat milk? I have an opportunity to purchase some through the co-op. Jax never did well on kefir, he would always throw up so I am a little hesitant about trying the goat milk. Here is the description:

"What is incredible about our milk is that it is pasture and Brush fed goats.

We take our herd out daily on the wild spaces around the farm and they get to

eat bushes, weeds, trees - you name it! Everything an animal eats comes out

in the milk. This milk , apparently, makes 5 kinds of antimicrobials that aren't found

in conventional milk. Goat milk is incredible for digestion. It alkalizes the body.

It has 30+ live enzymes in it, it digests in 20 min vs 8 hours for cow milk.

These come from one of the few goat dairies that have opted to "green feed" their herd. The goats diet is organically managed grass/clover, hay, alfalfa pellets, and they graze every day in 35 acres of brush adjacent to the farm.

This is fresh goat milk that will come to you frozen. It will last one year in the freezer. There are no additives."

Also, is this a good price? $3.25 per pint or $6.00 per half gallon.

Just wondering if I should give it a try.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I would :) but,,,,,, something that was mentioned to me was to just give a plop of it not even a 1/4 cup as not so much is neeeded and giving seperate from meals was also mentioned. (it digests well and good for tummy) I have off and on given for years to pets with good results. I was giving to Hank in a larger amt (big ole boy) and it seemed that with that, AND the green tripe, i *think* (cause i was told) that mabie he was over digesting his food so backed off and immediately all was well. What had happened to make me *inquire* was that his poop went soft with s slight mucas/slime look on it and he has always had great poop sooooooooooooo, anyway, all went well immediately and still give intermittently.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I would :) but,,,,,, something that was mentioned to me was to just give a plop of it not even a 1/4 cup as not so much is neeeded and giving seperate from meals was also mentioned. (it digests well and good for tummy) I have off and on given for years to pets with good results. I was giving to Hank in a larger amt (big ole boy) and it seemed that with that, AND the green tripe, i *think* (cause i was told) that mabie he was over digesting his food so backed off and immediately all was well. What had happened to make me *inquire* was that his poop went soft with s slight mucas/slime look on it and he has always had great poop sooooooooooooo, anyway, all went well immediately and still give intermittently.

You know, I didn't even think about that. I ordered green tripe and picking that up tomorrow. And I do believe there can be "too much" probiotic so that would make sense to me. Maybe I can alternate with the tripe and goat milk as I am really not sure how Jax will do getting beef tripe every day as before he was getting bison tripe.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
If you can get raw goats milk.... geez go for it n you too drink it!!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
If you can get raw goats milk.... geez go for it n you too drink it!!

Okay, I ordered 5 pints to try out. Do you know the serving size for dogs? I couldn't really find anything online. I plan to introduce it slowly and work way up.

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
That's a great price, less than half retail price. Jersey LOVES LOVES LOVES her goats milk! She goes crazy nuts when I open the fridge!

How many people give goat milk? I have an opportunity to purchase some through the co-op. Jax never did well on kefir, he would always throw up so I am a little hesitant about trying the goat milk. Here is the description:

"What is incredible about our milk is that it is pasture and Brush fed goats.

We take our herd out daily on the wild spaces around the farm and they get to

eat bushes, weeds, trees - you name it! Everything an animal eats comes out

in the milk. This milk , apparently, makes 5 kinds of antimicrobials that aren't found

in conventional milk. Goat milk is incredible for digestion. It alkalizes the body.

It has 30+ live enzymes in it, it digests in 20 min vs 8 hours for cow milk.

These come from one of the few goat dairies that have opted to "green feed" their herd. The goats diet is organically managed grass/clover, hay, alfalfa pellets, and they graze every day in 35 acres of brush adjacent to the farm.

This is fresh goat milk that will come to you frozen. It will last one year in the freezer. There are no additives."

Also, is this a good price? $3.25 per pint or $6.00 per half gallon.

Just wondering if I should give it a try.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That's a great price, less than half retail price. Jersey LOVES LOVES LOVES her goats milk! She goes crazy nuts when I open the fridge!

Are you giving it every day?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
To think of all the years i milked my own goat i could have stored up for HANK lol My kids grew up on me ;) and then we always had a goat till they were almost grown :) Loved the stuff!! My friend made the best cheese from it too! yum

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
I started out giving her just a few tablespoons a day. I slowly increased for a month to about a cup a day. She would drink much more than that if she could! She's never had any adverse reaction to it. :)

Are you giving it every day?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I give Primal raw goats each morning... Cheli gets maybe two tablespoons and Mush gets about 1/4 cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.