1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
The rule of thumb is that you should be able to feel the ribs, but not see them, and if you stand above your bully, they should have a well defined waist when you look at them from above, like an hour glass shape.

Exactly.

Monty has always had a waist, even at 72 lbs but you couldn't feel those ribs!!! You can now so all is good.

OP
K

k9paws

Aug 29, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diva
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice. I will be switching her to frozen instead of canned. During the growing season we grow green beans, so she gets them fresh. Guess we need to plant more and freeze all we can for the off season. She weighs 56.4 lbs. right now, needs to drop to about 42 to 45 lbs. Does not have a waist line. She is not very active and due to medical issues, we do not get her over excited. I am taking her for more walks and hopefully that will help. I’ll try to get some pictures of her posted. Our male EB is 3 yrs. old active and does not have a weight problem. At least not yet.
Thanks again

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice. I will be switching her to frozen instead of canned. During the growing season we grow green beans, so she gets them fresh. Guess we need to plant more and freeze all we can for the off season. She weighs 56.4 lbs. right now, needs to drop to about 42 to 45 lbs. Does not have a waist line. She is not very active and due to medical issues, we do not get her over excited. I am taking her for more walks and hopefully that will help. I’ll try to get some pictures of her posted. Our male EB is 3 yrs. old active and does not have a weight problem. At least not yet.
Thanks again

There’s this old saying.....You are what you eat...or...you eat what you are. Same for dogs...

Most Reactions