URGENT!!! Is pumpkin puree for diahrrea or regulating?

Mar 26, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
George King
Hi guys, ever since my George was neutered on Thursday he had diarrhea for five days straight every hour. I fed him about 1/3 cup of rice mixed with his kibble and he didn't poop all day yesterday until 9 at night. My friend mentioned pumpkin puree is what she uses for her cats get regulate them and make them "normal"

Is this the case for dogs? or it is just to stop the diarrhea, because right now I need to get him as normal as possible.

Thank you guys!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
It is actually used for both.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
if he didn't go but once yesterday it sounds like it may be under control.

is it still watery?

my guy loves his baby carrott treats, and basicaly everytime we have a fresh veggie for dinner i'll share with him, except for the gas producing foods like cabbage -he needs NO help with that!!!

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
if he didn't go but once yesterday it sounds like it may be under control.

is it still watery?

my guy loves his baby carrott treats, and basicaly everytime we have a fresh veggie for dinner i'll share with him, except for the gas producing foods like cabbage -he needs NO help with that!!!

I agree, it sounds like he might be back to normal. I'd just stick with the rice for now. You don't want to throw in new things that he hasn't had before as it may upset his tummy again.

We used pumpkin puree when he was still a little baby just to get him to eat.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
and it sounds like you may have a little guy with a super sensitive GI system, best advice; find a super good food that agrees with him and stick to that, if just anesthesia caused this I would be very hesitant giving him anything new, ......maybe ever.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi guys, ever since my George was neutered on Thursday he had diarrhea for five days straight every hour. I fed him about 1/3 cup of rice mixed with his kibble and he didn't poop all day yesterday until 9 at night. My friend mentioned pumpkin puree is what she uses for her cats get regulate them and make them "normal"

Is this the case for dogs? or it is just to stop the diarrhea, because right now I need to get him as normal as possible.

Thank you guys!

Great advice above! Once cutie is under control, start giving him as heā€™s still small, one teaspoon of fermented sauerkraut. The one you buy in the fridge at the health food store. This will regulate his little intestines. Also humans should have it everyday. Great way to get a natural probiotic.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Used for both constipation and diarrhea. Feed Pumpkin (not the pie filling with spices) 2-3 tsps a couple times daily.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Great advice above! Once cutie is under control, start giving him as heā€™s still small, one teaspoon of fermented sauerkraut. The one you buy in the fridge at the health food store. This will regulate his little intestines. Also humans should have it everyday. Great way to get a natural probiotic.

And don't forget the T-Bone steak. Just kidding. I hope your little guy clears up quickly.

OP
KingGeorgeTheBulldog
Mar 26, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
George King
Used for both constipation and diarrhea. Feed Pumpkin (not the pie filling with spices) 2-3 tsps a couple times daily.

Great. I will give that a try. I dont think hes cleared up because today he had a HUGE accident all over his crate. I am going to get him on new food soon too. going to try Acana lamb I think.

OP
KingGeorgeTheBulldog
Mar 26, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
George King
I agree, it sounds like he might be back to normal. I'd just stick with the rice for now. You don't want to throw in new things that he hasn't had before as it may upset his tummy again.

We used pumpkin puree when he was still a little baby just to get him to eat.

I'm not sure hes cleared up... This morning he went very large and gooey. He just had an accident in his crate about 5 hours after his last poop too. Im going to change his food soon to Acana Lamb. And maybe feed him pumpkin regularly to help regulate him.

Poor little guy is all confussed with his poop schedule. He used to be so good. 7:30AM 6:30PM 8:30PM every day.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Great. I will give that a try. I dont think hes cleared up because today he had a HUGE accident all over his crate. I am going to get him on new food soon too. going to try Acana lamb I think.

I would not try any new food until he is regular. Then you should gradually switch him to the new food over a week. The new food just might cause him to be loose and you're right back to square one.

My Bentley ate an acorn when he was a puppy and he too had explosive diarrhea for a day and a half and I will not forget my poor fellow evacuating gas that was so loud he woke up half the neighborhood then came the Hershey squirts. Make sure George has plenty of water and stay on the bland diet. Bentley also gets very loose with foods with grain which he is now on a grain free diet.

OP
KingGeorgeTheBulldog
Mar 26, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
George King
I would not try any new food until he is regular. Then you should gradually switch him to the new food over a week. The new food just might cause him to be loose and you're right back to square one.

My Bentley ate an acorn when he was a puppy and he too had explosive diarrhea for a day and a half and I will not forget my poor fellow evacuating gas that was so loud he woke up half the neighborhood then came the Hershey squirts. Make sure George has plenty of water and stay on the bland diet. Bentley also gets very loose with foods with grain which he is now on a grain free diet.

Yea. we are going to wait until his poops are normal again. to just to tell if he has any sensitivities to the new food. He was so good before. 7:30AM 6:30PM 8:30 PM for his poop schedule.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yea. we are going to wait until his poops are normal again. to just to tell if he has any sensitivities to the new food. He was so good before. 7:30AM 6:30PM 8:30 PM for his poop schedule.

Yes...Bentley was the same way with a schedule until he got older...now he may have 3 in one outing going from spot to spot 2-3 times daily. He is truly a super hero..."The Poopinator!"

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

If I remember correctly you are feeding Royal Canin, but maybe Iā€™m thinking of someone else. If you are feeding that, I would change foods now as itā€™s possible the RC is making him sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
KingGeorgeTheBulldog
Mar 26, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
George King
If I remember correctly you are feeding Royal Canin, but maybe Iā€™m thinking of someone else. If you are feeding that, I would change foods now as itā€™s possible the RC is making him sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are feeding him RC. We are going to the pet store tonight to pick up Acana Lamb to try that. Fingers crossed!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online