obes22

Mar 12, 2018
Cape Cod USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie, Marge (RIP)
So our EB is 12 weeks old. He has been having soft stools now for almost 3 weeks. We did switch him from Royal Canin puppy chiot to Fromm puppy chiot. We transitioned and assumed the soft stool was from the switch of food. I tried pumpkin which seemed to help a little but now itā€™s back to soft and sometimes runny. There is nothing in the stool Ie mucus or blood. He has normal energy, eats and plays. He could probably use more water but doesnā€™t seem to drink too much. The vet has treated him for a bacteria that was shown in the stool sample but we canā€™t seem to get his stool firm again. Anyone have any ideas. Should I try more pumpkin or possible changing his food again. Heā€™s only been on the Fromm for a little over 2 weeks.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So our EB is 12 weeks old. He has been having soft stools now for almost 3 weeks. We did switch him from Royal Canin puppy chiot to Fromm puppy chiot. We transitioned and assumed the soft stool was from the switch of food. I tried pumpkin which seemed to help a little but now itā€™s back to soft and sometimes runny. There is nothing in the stool Ie mucus or blood. He has normal energy, eats and plays. He could probably use more water but doesnā€™t seem to drink too much. The vet has treated him for a bacteria that was shown in the stool sample but we canā€™t seem to get his stool firm again. Anyone have any ideas. Should I try more pumpkin or possible changing his food again. Heā€™s only been on the Fromm for a little over 2 weeks.

How much are you feeding at each meal?

OP
O

obes22

Mar 12, 2018
Cape Cod USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie, Marge (RIP)
1/2 cup, 3 times a day. He doubled his weight from 8 weeks to 10&1/2. But he doesnā€™t look over weight or bloated.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
O

obes22

Mar 12, 2018
Cape Cod USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie, Marge (RIP)
Just the regular Fromm puppy chiot. Pink bag

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
O

obes22

Mar 12, 2018
Cape Cod USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie, Marge (RIP)
So the vet put him on a high fiber canned food that Iā€™m supposed to mix with his dry. Heā€™s had 4 meals mixed with the canned food so far, but his stool is still runny soft serve.
On another note he did test positive for giardia when we first got him. He was treated for that with a powder in his food and medication as well. Iā€™m supposed to check in with the vet tomorrow about his stools to update him.
I looked for the beer Fromm at the feed store that I go to, but it seemed to be the only one they didnā€™t have.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So the vet put him on a high fiber canned food that Iā€™m supposed to mix with his dry. Heā€™s had 4 meals mixed with the canned food so far, but his stool is still runny soft serve.
On another note he did test positive for giardia when we first got him. He was treated for that with a powder in his food and medication as well. Iā€™m supposed to check in with the vet tomorrow about his stools to update him.
I looked for the beer Fromm at the feed store that I go to, but it seemed to be the only one they didnā€™t have.

Ha!! I wouldn't think the feed store would sell "beer" Fromm.... lol of course I know you ment beef? but possibly another Fromm would work??

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I believe the Fromm 4 star line is all life stages formula if you want to try one of those.

OP
O

obes22

Mar 12, 2018
Cape Cod USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie, Marge (RIP)
Ha!! I wouldn't think the feed store would sell "beer" Fromm.... lol of course I know you ment beef? but possibly another Fromm would work??

oops! I'll take the beer, beef for the pup.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Oh boy --- giardia is very hard to clear up... have him tested again. right Citty - [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION].

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Oh boy --- giardia is very hard to clear up... have him tested again. right Citty - [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION].

It wouldnā€™t hurt to test him again. Cysts donā€™t necessarily shed every time so it is possible to test negative even though they are still positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.