Rotating Flavours with Natures Variety

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Sorry if this has already been posted, i did a search and didnt come up with anything. The reason I switched Samson to natures variety is because of the interchangeable flavours. I was just wondering, when you do the transition to the new flavour, is it still necessarry to do it over a slow period of time or cann i just cold turkey switch flavours?

thanks in advance for any responses.

L

Lucy-licious

I am sure others will tell you better but as far as I am aware because your only switching the protein source you can just change
but don't quote me :lol:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I just switched straight over, no mixing. As I understood it it is designed to do it that way. Samson never got an upset tummy or anything from doing it that way.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Yes you can switch straight over, everything is the same except for the flavor. You do not need to do a slow change. Watch out for the chicken, Vegas did not do well on the chicken as he does on the Salmon.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Yes you can switch straight over, everything is the same except for the flavor. You do not need to do a slow change. Watch out for the chicken, Vegas did not do well on the chicken as he does on the Salmon.

Same with Samson, Samson doesn't do well on the duck/turkey either.

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
ohhh aweesome, yes i just got the 4.4 pound bag and have been doing a 2 week switch from purina perscription food(i know...garbage). Samson has had a history of soft/loose stools...it was amazing how firm and awesome they got after just 3-4 days into the switch! He also has very dry skin, and im hoping the new food helps, plus i ordered the grizzly salmon oil :). Im going to pick up the salmon forumla next week!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
ohhh aweesome, yes i just got the 4.4 pound bag and have been doing a 2 week switch from purina perscription food(i know...garbage). Samson has had a history of soft/loose stools...it was amazing how firm and awesome they got after just 3-4 days into the switch! He also has very dry skin, and im hoping the new food helps, plus i ordered the grizzly salmon oil :). Im going to pick up the salmon forumla next week!

The salmon oil should help alot with dry skin! I hope this helps him alot :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I can't wait to see your results - I think you'll be pleased!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Ummm.....I just about :barf: when I used the salmon oil. It smelled so bad! I swear..it was over a week ago and I can still smell "phantom" fish oil smells. What about a capsule form from Costco? Just fish oil? Any advice?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have the salmon oil in my shopping basket at CPP. But I'm afraid to take the plunge. So someone send me a piece of paper with the Grizzly salmon oil smeared on it. I just want to smell. Actually I DON'T!! But if I go to check my mailbox and there are 32 cats pacing back and forth...I may have to delete my pending order.

Wigglesworth

Feb 14, 2011
Putnam County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Woody
I've been rotating the Duck&Turkey, Beef&Lamb, Salmon and the Rabbit. My dog seems to enjoy most, except sometimes he balks at the rabbit.

I've avoided the chicken, becuase of the potential for allergies, and will also be discontinuing the Beef and Lamb as our bully vet said that Beef is a big allergy vector with bullies.

Seems like an ok food. It's probably a great food for bullies with severe allergies. I haven't been wow'd by it, but it seems ok.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] yes fish oil capsules are a great alternative but I have no issues with Grizzly, maybe I am just used to it?!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I've been rotating the Duck&Turkey, Beef&Lamb, Salmon and the Rabbit. My dog seems to enjoy most, except sometimes he balks at the rabbit.

I've avoided the chicken, becuase of the potential for allergies, and will also be discontinuing the Beef and Lamb as our bully vet said that Beef is a big allergy vector with bullies.

Seems like an ok food. It's probably a great food for bullies with severe allergies. I haven't been wow'd by it, but it seems ok.

this is interesting. We just switched over to this product and of course started with the beef and lamb, Duke is still itchy in the face ( day 4) am I not allowing enough time? or should I amybe try a different flavor and avoid the beef because of allergies. he was previously on Duck and potatoe? and of course I purchased the beef bag that was 45.00! :whew: he is no more itchy than he was but wondering about the beef choice and should I wait a little longer? thoughts?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
this is interesting. We just switched over to this product and of course started with the beef and lamb, Duke is still itchy in the face ( day 4) am I not allowing enough time? or should I amybe try a different flavor and avoid the beef because of allergies. he was previously on Duck and potatoe? and of course I purchased the beef bag that was 45.00! :whew: he is no more itchy than he was but wondering about the beef choice and should I wait a little longer? thoughts?

[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] I would suggest trying the salmon, my Samson does wonderful on it! Samson doesn't do well on chicken so I don't feed him that one, he didn't do well on the duck & turkey and I think it's because turkey is pretty similiar to chicken, haven't tried the beef & lamb yet and have no interest in trying the rabbit. I find Samson does the best on a fish based food and it seems like alot of other allergy prone bullys do as well. The fish oils really help the skin and immune system.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] I would suggest trying the salmon, my Samson does wonderful on it! Samson doesn't do well on chicken so I don't feed him that one, he didn't do well on the duck & turkey and I think it's because turkey is pretty similiar to chicken, haven't tried the beef & lamb yet and have no interest in trying the rabbit. I find Samson does the best on a fish based food and it seems like alot of other allergy prone bullys do as well. The fish oils really help the skin and immune system.

ok thanks!! :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.