helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Both on Raw. But Nyala is finishing acana grassland with raw. Duke is on full raw cause his hair looked like a sponge. Heā€™s perfect now (aside from being a hard head) the holes are filled with hair. Since yours is a pup, start with one protein the lamb one. Most dogs do good with lamb. Thereā€™s lamb, duck, pork as one protein. Donā€™t give chicken treats or beef as if thereā€™s an allergy you wonā€™t know what caused it. Start with baby steps n build it up slowly. Love T.O. Iā€™m born n raised in Montreal. Moving back in about 5yrs. Need my lakes n great food!!!! Lol

nursejusty

May 23, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
CASH
My dear you didn't hear right. Stay away from RC unless you own a cow.

If it's kibbles stick to Acana, Orijen, Fromm, Zignature. Or even better Raw.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
What raw food diet do you recommend for my bulldog who has I believe food and enviornmental allergies. Doing the saliva test here soon. Is raw something you cook in your kitchen. I am also worried about his heart and doing grain free. What type grain should I incorporate?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
When Monty was still alive I fed him Acana and it was perfect for him. No problems ever. It was made in Canada. Then they changed ingredients as they changed some manufacturing plants to the US for this market. All hell broke loose! To this day I still don't know what caused it but something in the new US-made food didn't agree with him at all. This is NOT a knock against Acana as I still believe it is a very good food. My point is, you just never know with a bulldog and it is usually trial and error! We finally settled on Zignature, he did great again and Buster does well on it too.
I agree with everyone else, RC is a big NO!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
What raw food diet do you recommend for my bulldog who has I believe food and enviornmental allergies. Doing the saliva test here soon. Is raw something you cook in your kitchen. I am also worried about his heart and doing grain free. What type grain should I incorporate?
I personally have a farmer that sells it directly to stores or on his farm which is cheaper to drive n pickup. In T.O. is too metropolitan n you would need to go to a local pet shop. Unless you look up local dog food makers on the outskirts of GTA. Yes itā€™s frozen raw. You dont cook it. Or you can buy raw like you do for yourself n balance the ratio of organs, bones, blood, muscle etc like @anatess does. In the beginning its getting use to the ratio which isnā€™t really that hard. Sounds complicated but really isnā€™t. Some will even cook the meat, add a few veggies. But you cannot add salt or oils etc as itā€™s not healthyā€¦.

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
Vital Essentials freeze dried raw salmon - but it will set you back $10 a day.
Zignature kangaroo
Keto diets

I put my girl on an elimination diet and have figured out all of her allergies. I fed her Against the Grain 100% Salmon and kale(from the frozen aisle) for about 12 weeks. Each day we would give her a new food and then see if she itches the next day or so. We kept doing this till we figured out most of her allergies.
In a nutshell anything that does not have carbs, starches, dairy is usually a pretty good food. Carbs(even veggies high in carbs) and starches promote yeast in bullies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.