8 month old puppy on TOW very soft stools?

Samanthaporcell

Mar 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce Wayne
Hi all! Iā€™m new here so I apologize if this type of thread is already happening! Iā€™m a first time EB owner and my 8 month old boy Bruce is currently eating TOTW high prairie puppy, he has been on this for a couple months now and he is SO gassy and his stools have been very soft, he has a rather deep tail pocket and he always has sooo much poo inside , and gets it everywhere šŸ˜³ ! Iā€™m wondering what other foods may be more beneficial and help harden up his stools? Thanks everyone!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi all! Iā€™m new here so I apologize if this type of thread is already happening! Iā€™m a first time EB owner and my 8 month old boy Bruce is currently eating TOTW high prairie puppy, he has been on this for a couple months now and he is SO gassy and his stools have been very soft, he has a rather deep tail pocket and he always has sooo much poo inside , and gets it everywhere �� ! Iā€™m wondering what other foods may be more beneficial and help harden up his stools? Thanks everyone!!

Go with Acana. The stool will change n add some pumpkin purĆ©e. Not the baking one but the 100% one. Couple table spoon mix will help. Nyala also has a deep tail pocket. She doesnā€™t get poop in there but mostly dirt n hair. Surprise yours gets pooped in there that much too. I use an essential oil mix and clean it every 3 days, I use 4 fragrance free baby wipes, the mix...4 oz coconut oil, 8 drops of each : lavender, thuja, frankincense, basil, geranium, 4drops of tea tree. Shake well!! Wear gloves, soak in a corner in the mix n wipe deeply. Wipe till 4wipes comes out clean. I make a batch of the mixture to always have it on hand as itā€™s done often. Just a thought.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Hi all! Iā€™m new here so I apologize if this type of thread is already happening! Iā€™m a first time EB owner and my 8 month old boy Bruce is currently eating TOTW high prairie puppy, he has been on this for a couple months now and he is SO gassy and his stools have been very soft, he has a rather deep tail pocket and he always has sooo much poo inside , and gets it everywhere �� ! Iā€™m wondering what other foods may be more beneficial and help harden up his stools? Thanks everyone!!

Hi Samantha,

I'm a newbie too,
My Ty, is about to turn 2.
when I first got him TOTW prarie puppy is exactly what I fed, and had the same issues.
LOTS of gas and diarrhea, after about 3 visits the vet told me to slowly transition him over to something else, that and the fact that he ate so incredibly fast, I got one of the special dishes designed for slower consumption and the problem quickly resolved.

this site has been a godsend for me and Ty

OP
S

Samanthaporcell

Mar 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce Wayne
Thank you!! What did you end up switching your babe to?!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Time to switch to adult food. Since he already has soft stool(diarrhea) there's little to be gained by transitioning slowly. I'd just go for it!

We feed Acana Duck and Pear to all our guys(all 6).

OP
S

Samanthaporcell

Mar 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce Wayne
Thanks for he advice! Do you think adult food will have enough of what he needs? As he is only 8 months old, I just want to be sure heā€™s still getting everything he needs to keep up woth his growth. ;)

OP
S

Samanthaporcell

Mar 12, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce Wayne
Thanks! Yes I have the clean out his tail pocket multiple times a day, and he HATES it, so itā€™s quite the struggle! ��

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for he advice! Do you think adult food will have enough of what he needs? As he is only 8 months old, I just want to be sure heā€™s still getting everything he needs to keep up woth his growth. ;)

Yes, 8 mths is fine to switch to adult food... which food are you thinking of?

many here have great reults with the following -- no particular order:

Acana
Orijen
Zingnature
Earthborn Holistic
Fromm

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online