Canned Dog Food Thread

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
When I feed my bullies in the morning, I give them a spoonful of canned or soft dog food on top of their kibble. Although they need little encouragement to eat, I think it makes the food more appealing and is a good way to offer variety in their diets. I am currently giving them Taste of the Wild canned food - usually in High Prairie formula, which contains venison, bison, and lamb.

Does anyone else feed their bullies canned food? If so, what are you feeding?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We got some canned stuff about 6 weeks ago because we had a free coupon from Nature's Logic for 5 cans. Our intent was to do exactly what you are doing..... It's still in the bag.... Doh.. lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I also give our non bully dena a few spoonfuls of natural balance over her kibble. Jake is too young but he knows there is something special in that other dish!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I used to give Samson some of the Wellness 95% salmon. Wellness makes a line of canned foods that are 95% meat, they have a salmon one, turkey, beef, etc (the other 5% is just like water used to can it). It's supposed to just be used as a topper and that's all I used it for.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We have a secret stash of canned food ... but that's my emergency supply for the bland diet. I am a neglectful bully-parent, and will quite openly admit that if they have an upset tummy then I just don't have the time to cook hamburger meat or chicken. So it's rice and canned food for my babies if their stomach gets upset for some reason. :eek:

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
We have a secret stash of canned food ... but that's my emergency supply for the bland diet. I am a neglectful bully-parent, and will quite openly admit that if they have an upset tummy then I just don't have the time to cook hamburger meat or chicken. So it's rice and canned food for my babies if their stomach gets upset for some reason. :eek:

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] - That's actually a really good idea to have the bland diet on hand just in case!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I feed my dogs dry food (Wellness) in the morning and Canned(Wellness) with a little dry mixed in in the evening.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We got some canned stuff about 6 weeks ago because we had a free coupon from Nature's Logic for 5 cans. Our intent was to do exactly what you are doing..... It's still in the bag.... Doh.. lol

Where did this lovely coupon come from? (just cause I wanna try and get one) O is doing well on Nature's logic. I think I actually see her beautiful white face again.

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
My Boston gets the Fromm canned food with his pork and applesauce dry food. Belly get's so many things in her food now, there isn't room for the wet (bananas,blueberries and pumpkin) I swear that Fromm shredded pork canned food looks good enough for me to eat! :eek:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Where did this lovely coupon come from? (just cause I wanna try and get one) O is doing well on Nature's logic. I think I actually see her beautiful white face again.

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]

If I recall correctly it was the prize for runner-up in the photo contest one month.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I do the same thing with Mocha . I do rotate, some times I mix her food with shredded carrots, or the yoguort, and sometimes I put a tablespoon of canned dog food. Either Newmans Organic grain free, or natural Balance lid.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.