Cottage Cheese?

montag

Feb 24, 2018
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duff
Hi all, Duff joined our family a few days ago. He's 2 months old and the breeder sent him home with some Purina Pro Puppy or some such food. We are switching to Fromm, slowly introducing it starting tonight.

But to my question. The breeder also recommend that we add about a tablespoon of cottage cheese to his food as he really loves it. Should we continue doing this? Is there any benefit or anything wrong with adding a bit of cottage cheese?

Thanks!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Cottage cheese has calcium, and vitamins,nutrients. It helps to build strong bones. Since she was feeding a lower grade of food,that was an added benefit. If you are going to feed Fromm, I would defer to others on here, about the food, as I am not a food expert.. @2BullyMama Personally, I see no harm in it. I give mine probiotics, and a yogurt treat at night.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No harm at all, but i would do raw goats milk or milk keifer instead
[MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Like [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] mentioned the cottage cheese was probably cause of the low quality kibble he was eating. Stick to keifer or fermented sauerkraut (in the fridge section) start with a tablespoon per day since he’s only 2months old. Also buy raw marrow bones for his side. You’ll have all the vitamins n probiotics he needs for now.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Like [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] mentioned the cottage cheese was probably cause of the low quality kibble he was eating. Stick to keifer or fermented sauerkraut (in the fridge section) start with a tablespoon per day since he’s only 2months old. Also buy raw marrow bones for his side. You’ll have all the vitamins n probiotics he needs for now.

I would probably stick with doggie probiotics or live sauerkraut or small amounts of raw goats milk or milk kefir. I'd be worried about too much calcium from milk products causing too rapid a bone growth in a puppy, but small amounts would be safe.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.