helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I read somewhere else too about adding multivitamins to dogs' homecooked food. Sounds easy enough but I will need to read up a bit on this, I realise. Castor has been on raw for two long periods before and at some stage with rumen - is that tripe? Smelled awful at least! Well, let's see.
@Dollys Owner It seems like dehydrated is not available here at a reasonable price so apart from kibble I guess raw and homecooked are our options. Right now the little one is back on his kibble and happy enough!

Yes itā€™s tripe. Thatā€™s the first stomach and usually sold bleached. Make sure you donā€™t buy bleached as when itā€™s bleached it kills all vitamins n minerals. Itā€™s usually frozen or now in a can but I prefer frozen as even in cans it still has to be cooked n you wonā€™t get the full benefit as frozen. You will never find fresh (non frozen) as no farmers wants to work with it as they know they need a food inspector up there butts cause of parasites. Needs to be frozen ASAP once out of the cow/animal.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.