haile2066

Nov 1, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus and Brando
After many trials and many different types of dog food, we finally got our boy on a food he didn't have explosive BM's. Acana, Blue Buffalo, Origen, etc., tried so many. Anyways, TOTW Pacific stream finally worked. Fast forward 7 years, and over the last few weeks, he's had crazy bad BM. I stopped feeding him for a day, and gradually started feeding him again, but the diarrhea came back. After a week of trying, decided to give him the TOTW puppy Pacific Stream that my 5month old is on. And wouldn't you know it, he's back to normal, and the best part, neither dog seems too have much gas. His BM's have been the best he's had in years and the energy level even seems to be up. I do believe I may have had a bad batch of dog food which caused the BM issues to begin with. But now that he's on the puppy formula, he seems to take well to it. My question is, should I just keep him on it? And can I stress, he doesn't have any gas on this new food!!! It's been about 3 weeks. Our new puppy has a gut of steel, the dude can eat anything and he's BM has always been solid.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Interesting.... you can always add some pure pumpkin to help with the runny poo, but I'm not sure about puppy food for an adults may be too much protein and calories .
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
There is only a 2% difference in the protein, and a small percent difference in calories. i don't think it would be a problem If that works best for him,I would use it. Many people are against TOTW, but I have been feeding the Pacific Salmon for 6 yrs, and have had no problems. I do give them a probiotic and some yogurt(at bedtime) and they have never had gas. [MENTION=17741]haile2066[/MENTION]

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Let us know about weight gain.

That's the reason our vet took Ty off puppy food at 9mo.I
He gained to much weight.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
If it works I see no problem unless weight gain gets out of hand...then only fix would be to cut back on the food. You might try adding veggies to help satisfy the hunger

OP
H

haile2066

Nov 1, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus and Brando
He doesn't seem to be any more hungry, he actually seems to have slimmed down a bit. Maybe because he has more energy for playing with the puppy, but so far the food seems to be all positive. Thank you for the replies.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
There is only a 2% difference in the protein, and a small percent difference in calories. i don't think it would be a problem If that works best for him,I would use it. Many people are against TOTW, but I have been feeding the Pacific Salmon for 6 yrs, and have had no problems. I do give them a probiotic and some yogurt(at bedtime) and they have never had gas. [MENTION=17741]haile2066[/MENTION]

Pacific stream doesn't quote source of salmon, so I would wonder if it's farmed salmon. I wouldn't feed my dog this formula for a lengthy period of time. Orijen six fish specifies wild fish by contrast, but I would still want to rotate my dog's food.

OP
H

haile2066

Nov 1, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus and Brando
I've tried Orijen six fish food and it gives my older bully the runs. So that's not an option. We'll see how he does, but so far so good.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.