Food and weight questions

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
My breeder told me to feed him 2x's a day 1 cup at each feeding, so two cups per day. I have been doing that. But he told me to feed him Nature's Choice small puppy bites. I have been looking through some threads on here to get someone's take on that food and I haven't found anything, or just missed seeing it. He is doing fine on it haven't had any problems but if there is another type of food I SHOULD be feeding him I will.

They also told me to give him human fish oil supplements and then the joint medicine. Is there anything else he should be getting?

He just turned 4 months old and weighs right at 23 pounds. Is that normal?

opps sorry for ALL the questions!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi..our Jake is also 4 months and weighs 24 lbs..so that makes us perfectly normal..ha..at least our pups are!..we feed him dvp ultra..all stages so there is no special puppy food. Might be changing him if he has any issues..so far all is great. He gets 3/4 cup am and pm..and 1/2 cup about 1..when he is 6 months we wi. Drop lunch and increase each feeding to 1 cup. Everyone here really likes Fromm dog food. If I have to change will probably try that. Our other dog easy same food..hassle to change if all is ok.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe is 36 pounds at 4 mnths, but I believe he has been and will be on the large size for bulldogs, especially if paw size is any indication... plus I'll admit that he is a bit on the heavy side of the fat% scale. I have been feeding him 3 cups a day, 1 cup each feeding of Wellness Puppy. That is the amount recommended on the bag of food for his age/weight. He would have no problem eating much more if we let him... he is sooo food focused, he always acts hungry. I am planning on trying Nature's Variety Instincts though because his stools have been loose, and I have heard of others experiencing the same with this food.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION]..these guys are all different sizes. Of jakes' litter of 5 males. 2 weigh 24 lbs..the other 3 are all 10+ lbs more! And he is also very food focused. We joke he has gotten that from our rottie (rip)..but she came from the streets and missed lots of meals..ha..he has never missed one!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.