General Question Primal Pet Foods Inc

lorhop

Feb 7, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hemi
Hello,

Has anyone tried the Canine Raw Frozen Formulas from Primal Pet Foods? I'd love to hear some reviews.
Thank you from Hemi and I

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hi, and yep, i've used both the freeze dried and the frozen. BUT........ im a food and brand rotateor so im not the best to give reviews on... He loved the freeze dried venison ii know that, and he did fine on it as well but only used sporadically.... like for travel. The only food that I can remember that he got stinkie toots on was the OC Raw beef. Which really surprised me as i really liked the ingredients... Have you gone on the 'dog food advisers' site??? It's really helpful and they even show how often there are recalls. I almost think there was a recall on one of the primals recently but it was i think on the freezedried. Anyway, welcome, we have some good discussions on 'raw' goen on right now too so your right in with that line of chat ;)

OP
L

lorhop

Feb 7, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hemi
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I'll definitely have a look on dog food advisers. I'm a food/brand rotator too!!! Just trying to find the perfect food for my yeasty girl. She's been put on Apoquel by the vet and they seem happy to have her on it long term. I'd rather find the cause of the yeast, not mask it with medication. Ongoing battle for sure. Thanks again, much appreciated :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello,

Has anyone tried the Canine Raw Frozen Formulas from Primal Pet Foods? I'd love to hear some reviews.
Thank you from Hemi and I
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

I used it for awhile... boys did great on the duck formula

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

lorhop

Feb 7, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hemi
Thank you. Much appreciate your comments :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I don't think I have used Primal. Oh, actually I have. I have used the sardine chub but that is not considered a full meal. I use Vital Essentials and Tucker's and sometimes Nature's Variety.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Awwww, tuckers.. I took a glance at that the other day while grabbing some Vital essential green tripe patties :-) I will check into that one next maybe. I really like Steve’s half pound patties.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.