question about mixing two previous foods together

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Ok, heress the scooop,,, I have some preference (honest kitchen) , and some kindly left over and am using much counter space while using these up.(as well as the acana etc) (though i'll prob still have one or the other in our possesion, just not all at the same time anymore) Both these are w/o the protien added sooooooooo my question is,,, can i mix them up in the same container (they were bought at the same time) as i will be just adding to some raw protien till used up. Now, talk about big concerns ;)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ok, heress the scooop,,, I have some preference (honest kitchen) , and some kindly left over and am using much counter space while using these up.(as well as the acana etc) (though i'll prob still have one or the other in our possesion, just not all at the same time anymore) Both these are w/o the protien added sooooooooo my question is,,, can i mix them up in the same container (they were bought at the same time) as i will be just adding to some raw protien till used up. Now, talk about big concerns ;)

Hahahaha...here we go! I have no actual idea on this but would think you can mix them up. Since there is no protein in either, what are the difference in ingredients? Hank has eaten both before with no issues? That would be one concern, all the different ingredients and if there was an issue, it could be hard to determine the cause. But I’m curious as to what the answer is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
haha, i mixed um up :) i still have separate foods in their original containers and will alternate till used up. Just HAD to get me some counter space back ;)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
haha, i mixed um up :) i still have separate foods in their original containers and will alternate till used up. Just HAD to get me some counter space back ;)

I know exactly what you mean. I love my new kitchen but there is no pantry!!! And so all my cabinets are full and so I had been leaving all the dog treats and supplements on the kitchen counter and then just recently I got an over the door storage rack that I have in the nearby closet so I was able to move all their stuff to that and now have more counter space. These dogs really take over the whole house with all of their stuff lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I don't see any problem with mixing the two base mixes as you use the same mixing procedure with both:1 cup base mix with 1 and a half cups water with 1 cup meat. However I don't believe these mixes are good long term for dog as most people will typically add only muscle meat as the protein, and dogs need their meat in the following proportions:

80% muscle meat (trim)
10% raw bone
5% liver
5% offal (kidney, pancreas, spleen)

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Yep on all :) And I just mixed the two that I had on the counter and I still have some separate and then I will just use one at a time here and there.. and I’m donating some of my good stuff to my daughter as well.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online