Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I like the way you artistically prepare the dog's dinner!

Dog did fine on half new frozen food ( boar ) and half old frozen food ( turkey ) .

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well Duke’s been on 100% raw 3 days now cause his fur was looking like a sponge with little holes here n there plus a wet inner paw. Paw is clean n the fur you can tell it’s heading towards a furball. Will have to say his paw I did add Nyala’s tail pocket mix and on his 2 bald spot that was red I added NuStock. Next day the redness was gone n limping was gone. I still doubt it was his food. I rewashed all the bedding with a natural organic non gmo laundry soap.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Well Duke’s been on 100% raw 3 days now cause his fur was looking like a sponge with little holes here n there plus a wet inner paw. Paw is clean n the fur you can tell it’s heading towards a furball. Will have to say his paw I did add Nyala’s tail pocket mix and on his 2 bald spot that was red I added NuStock. Next day the redness was gone n limping was gone. I still doubt it was his food. I rewashed all the bedding with a natural organic non gmo laundry soap.

I use Nellie's Bulk Laundry Soda from Costco https://www.costco.ca/Nellie%e2%80%99s-Bulk-Laundry-Soda-.product.10334416.html . You use one scoop for a load, should last about 3 years.

Honey threw up again last night, so I'm cutting down her frozen boar food to 1/3, and the frozen turkey to 2/3 till I use up the boar.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I use Nellie's Bulk Laundry Soda from Costco https://www.costco.ca/Nellie%e2%80%99s-Bulk-Laundry-Soda-.product.10334416.html . You use one scoop for a load, should last about 3 years.

Honey threw up again last night, so I'm cutting down her frozen boar food to 1/3, and the frozen turkey to 2/3 till I use up the boar.

Been following Honey’s new tryouts of frozen food n throwing up. I personally would go back n start from the beginning with the food. First I would get rid of the ear infection with 2drops of lavender and 4drops of fractionated coconut oil on a swab n swipe it in the ear. That will kill any inflamed or infected ears. Once that’s fixed then work on the diet. What’s going to happen we’ll lose control n not knowing what affected what. Like Christine said, it’s like a Science Project. Scientists will always go back from the start n redo their steps. Very rare a dog throws up their food. I’m “not” saying it’s not the food as some food can disagree with a dog but most of the time when a dog throws up it’s because they are eating too fast or they have something else going on health wise. Just a thought.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Been following Honey’s new tryouts of frozen food n throwing up. I personally would go back n start from the beginning with the food. First I would get rid of the ear infection with 2drops of lavender and 4drops of fractionated coconut oil on a swab n swipe it in the ear. That will kill any inflamed or infected ears. Once that’s fixed then work on the diet. What’s going to happen we’ll lose control n not knowing what affected what. Like Christine said, it’s like a Science Project. Scientists will always go back from the start n redo their steps. Very rare a dog throws up their food. I’m “not” saying it’s not the food as some food can disagree with a dog but most of the time when a dog throws up it’s because they are eating too fast or they have something else going on health wise. Just a thought.

Honey's ears are much better on the frozen raw, although not perfect. I have been putting in your special mixture of essential oils once a week by wiping them with a saturated cosmetic pad, and daily I have been putting on a saturated pad either my oil of cloves and tea tree oil in witch hazel mixture or the apple cider vinegar and witch hazel mixture.
I find it's pretty common for my bulldogs to throw up on dog food that doesn't agree with them. My English bulldog, Dolly, threw up every time I gave her a fish based dog food. Dolly would also dry heave if I didn't feed her enough. Honey has thrown up every time I have given her the boar, but if I give her turkey for the next meal she doesn't throw up.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey's ears are much better on the frozen raw, although not perfect. I have been putting in your special mixture of essential oils once a week by wiping them with a saturated cosmetic pad, and daily I have been putting on a saturated pad either my oil of cloves and tea tree oil in witch hazel mixture or the apple cider vinegar and witch hazel mixture.
I find it's pretty common for my bulldogs to throw up on dog food that doesn't agree with them. My English bulldog, Dolly, threw up every time I gave her a fish based dog food. Dolly would also dry heave if I didn't feed her enough. Honey has thrown up every time I have given her the boar, but if I give her turkey for the next meal she doesn't throw up.

Why don’t you just stick to turkey? If it works..heh...

Funny I was about to order this place call Complete K9 for their boar.. they also have horse meat n horse heart etc. I think I’ll give horse a try. After all it’s loaded with iron.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Why don’t you just stick to turkey? If it works..heh...

Funny I was about to order this place call Complete K9 for their boar.. they also have horse meat n horse heart etc. I think I’ll give horse a try. After all it’s loaded with iron.

Just read you can give your dogs hemp seed oil up to 3 times weekly if you are feeding red meat, flax seed oil if you are feeding poultry. Hemp Seed Oil For Dogs - Benefits for Cancer and Arthritis Treatment | Krill Oil For Dogs

Dakota Bully

Sep 23, 2016
North Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Diesel, Alise, Pia & Piglet Wiggle Britches
Insane is the new 'norm'

I think that for us owner's, it's more like a "Learning Bulldog Insane".:loco2: But this is always good, because everyone give lots of good information that makes us even more insane as we try to sort through it all. But....we eventually figure out what works best for our Bully and that is what is so perfect about all this. So thanks everyone!

zoeydecay

Apr 18, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Beefy
Hi I was also wondering if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me the site as well. My Bullieof 8yrs has gone underweight in the past year and the vet told me to give him a high carb diet to help him gain weight again. I live in the Panhandle of Florida and we do not have any good pet stores around here oriented towards raw diets for dogs. I want to find the best way to put weight back on him. :(

I order about 45 lbs of food, a little more than I need for a month. And, including shipping I pay about $140.00.
Lambeau was 58 lbs when I started and only gets 2/3 of a cup... he is still holding at that weight too.
I thaw the bag in the frig overnight and that is the food for the next day

I'll PM you the sight, they are located in PA and ship all over country, but shipping will be much more for you since I am local, it is only $15. You might be able to find a local source if you research FB raw sights or the web itself.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi I was also wondering if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me the site as well. My Bullieof 8yrs has gone underweight in the past year and the vet told me to give him a high carb diet to help him gain weight again. I live in the Panhandle of Florida and we do not have any good pet stores around here oriented towards raw diets for dogs. I want to find the best way to put weight back on him. :(

Before doing anything, can you post a photo of your dog, tell use how much he weighs, what is he eating, how many cups per day etc etc....

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Most bullies tend to be quite overweight, so it's surprising. Are you giving him any organic virgin coconut oil? That's great for skin and gives a lot of calories.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I find that my bulldog is doing great on the frozen raw, but still has a trace of ear problems, ie. shaking head, scratching at ears, but no full blown ear infection. Even those few ear problems go away when I give her the fish formula frozen raw, but I don't feel it's healthy feeding fish long term, so I'll try to give the animal proteins she's best with in rotation.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I agree... can we see pictures of him please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Here is a shot of Lambeau breakfast... Lewis is jealous and sent this to his sister saying 'dogs eat better than him'. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

b07bb1113428b94f67acfb05e37073de.jpg

You make the food yourself?

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online