General Question Switching to Fromm

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)
Hi everyone! My husband and I have just started to switch our bullys to Fromm's Pork & Peas. He's always been leery of switching foods; instantly if they itch their ears or lick their paws he assumes it's the new food they've barely been on for two days LOL. I know if they ARE allergic even a small amount can make them have symptoms, but what I am really wondering is once they are fully switched to the new food how long should we continue with it before we can really decide if they are responding well or are having more symptoms caused by the food??? If they don't do well on this one I will likely try another protein from Fromm's. Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone! My husband and I have just started to switch our bullys to Fromm's Pork & Peas. He's always been leery of switching foods; instantly if they itch their ears or lick their paws he assumes it's the new food they've barely been on for two days LOL. I know if they ARE allergic even a small amount can make them have symptoms, but what I am really wondering is once they are fully switched to the new food how long should we continue with it before we can really decide if they are responding well or are having more symptoms caused by the food??? If they don't do well on this one I will likely try another protein from Fromm's. Thanks!

I would say a full month.... keep I mind if it does not agree like and allergy, you could know in a few days

OP
berlin78

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, they didn't do well on the Pork & Peas. Allergies flared up pretty bad. I think it may be the peas, since they've never had a problem with a little bacon grease here and there, but hard to know for sure. Back on the expensive Ultamino now to try and kick out the allergies. Next up I may try the Lamb & Lentil just to see if they do any better. It also has peas, so I would be interested to see if they react. If not maybe it was the pork all along! Poor babies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, they didn't do well on the Pork & Peas. Allergies flared up pretty bad. I think it may be the peas, since they've never had a problem with a little bacon grease here and there, but hard to know for sure. Back on the expensive Ultamino now to try and kick out the allergies. Next up I may try the Lamb & Lentil just to see if they do any better. It also has peas, so I would be interested to see if they react. If not maybe it was the pork all along! Poor babies.

it is like a science project!

keep us posted... good luck!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Why not go raw? If you don't want to be bothered with frozen raw try a dehydrated raw like Honest Kitchen, Grandma Lucy's, EasyRaw, Spot Farms etc. The only downside with dehydrated raw is that the volume of poops increases dramatically, compared with frozen raw where it decreases dramatically.

OP
berlin78

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
I actually am considering dehydrated raw. I think we'll try supplementing for now and see how that goes; two dogs = a lot of dehydrated food! But it's worth a try for sure. I think it will improve a lot of the allergy issues. Started a new supplement for one of the dogs so gonna give that about a week before we add any new food in, but I think I'm going to try Honest Kitchen. Thanks all!!!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I actually am considering dehydrated raw. I think we'll try supplementing for now and see how that goes; two dogs = a lot of dehydrated food! But it's worth a try for sure. I think it will improve a lot of the allergy issues. Started a new supplement for one of the dogs so gonna give that about a week before we add any new food in, but I think I'm going to try Honest Kitchen. Thanks all!!!

I just noticed you are in Washington. Where in WA are you? I am as well and I actually just joined a co-op for raw food but sometimes they offer great deals on the Honest Kitchen. They actually have an open order right now, not sure when it closes.

OP
berlin78

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm in Spokane. Definitely a bit far from you! But I know a local shop that has Honest Kitchen as well as Stella & Chewy's and she offers a free bag after you buy so many. Better than nothing.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I just noticed you are in Washington. Where in WA are you? I am as well and I actually just joined a co-op for raw food but sometimes they offer great deals on the Honest Kitchen. They actually have an open order right now, not sure when it closes.

How is the co-op going??? or, is this the first order??? I just found one semi close so going to check it out as well.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
How is the co-op going??? or, is this the first order??? I just found one semi close so going to check it out as well.

I haven’t actually ordered anything yet, still scoping things out. Unfortunately the ground bison and wild boar they get is only meat, no bones or organs cause it’s made for human consumption. And that doesn’t work for me cause I am not trying to deal with also buying bones and organs. I want everything needed to be all ground up and ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.