Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 58

Thread: Raw switch - two week status

  1. #1
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,263
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11801

    Default Raw switch - two week status

    Wanted to give an update on how the switch over is going with the boys. We finished two weeks of duck protein today and so far what I noticed ...

    • Ears -- Lambeau's ears are practically spotless still some brown dirt, but nothing of what it usually is and Cheli's ears have little to no wax build up.
    • Poo -- low volume but they still go two or three times a day (volume is very small each time) expect this to lessen as they are on raw longer
    • Anal glands -- Lambeau's anal gland issue is non-existent!! I have not smelled that 'glorious' odor since starting the raw feeding.



    We have added sauerkraut to the menu and I have to mix it in well or they will spit it out. We removed all other types of treats, except for marrow bones) until I get a good idea of the full impact... maybe after 6-8 weeks.
    I also still give them raw/unfiltered local honey hoping this will help build Lambeau's immunity to all his environmental allergies.... spring will till on that topic.

    I'll continue to update as we move forward.... they start on mackerel protein tomorrow. They both LOVE fish and drool whenever I give them a dried cod skins so hoping they have the same reaction to the mackerel.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  2. #2
    Bulldog Vet in Training
    Real Name
    Brian and Lynne
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Thornhill, Ontario
    Posts
    1,038
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey (Dolly rehomed)
    Likes (Received)
    952

    Default Re: Raw switch - two week status

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Wanted to give an update on how the switch over is going with the boys. We finished two weeks of duck protein today and so far what I noticed ...

    • Ears -- Lambeau's ears are practically spotless still some brown dirt, but nothing of what it usually is and Cheli's ears have little to no wax build up.
    • Poo -- low volume but they still go two or three times a day (volume is very small each time) expect this to lessen as they are on raw longer
    • Anal glands -- Lambeau's anal gland issue is non-existent!! I have not smelled that 'glorious' odor since starting the raw feeding.



    We have added sauerkraut to the menu and I have to mix it in well or they will spit it out. We removed all other types of treats, except for marrow bones) until I get a good idea of the full impact... maybe after 6-8 weeks.
    I also still give them raw/unfiltered local honey hoping this will help build Lambeau's immunity to all his environmental allergies.... spring will till on that topic.

    I'll continue to update as we move forward.... they start on mackerel protein tomorrow. They both LOVE fish and drool whenever I give them a dried cod skins so hoping they have the same reaction to the mackerel.
    Great news !!! Raw is definitely the way to go for our allergic bullies, no point in keep trying out different dry kibbles. I'm trying the opposite way just to see how my raw fed dog reacts to switching to a low temp oven baked dog food, just to vary it up for her. I still plan to alternate with the dehydrated raw, but I just want her to be able to eat different ingredients once in a while. I'll keep everyone posted how she does on the Carna4 Carna4 Dog Food - Grain-free Duck - Carna4

  3. Likes 2BullyMama, Vikinggirl, helsonwheels liked this post
  4. #3
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,721
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    2158

    Default Re: Raw switch - two week status

    @2BullyMama That is great Christine! Happy to hear! I have read so much here on the "raw diet" and am interested in it, somewhat.

    Is it approached as a better, overall healthy diet for our bully babies OR as a treatment for ailments/allergies ?
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  6. #4
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,263
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11801

    Default Raw switch - two week status

    Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    @2BullyMama That is great Christine! Happy to hear! I have read so much here on the "raw diet" and am interested in it, somewhat.

    Is it approached as a better, overall healthy diet for our bully babies OR as a treatment for ailments/allergies ?
    Raw is the best for overall nutrition and health... watching the documentary 'Pet Fooled' pushed me over. I get the food from a place in the Poconos... made to otder


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. Likes sisters3, RiiSi liked this post
  8. #5
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,721
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    2158

    Default Re: Raw switch - two week status

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Raw is the best for overall nutrition and health... watching the documentary 'Pet Fooled' pushed me over.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh wow, good to know!! Where is that "Pet Fooled" documentary ? Netflix? I will watch it......
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  9. #6
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,263
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11801

    Default Re: Raw switch - two week status

    Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    Oh wow, good to know!! Where is that "Pet Fooled" documentary ? Netflix? I will watch it......
    Yes


    BTW- i get the raw from a place in the Poconos-- made to order.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  10. #7
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,721
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    2158

    Default Re: Raw switch - two week status

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Yes


    BTW- i get the raw from a place in the Poconos-- made to order.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you Christine. Poconos....great! Do they ship to you? I would need it shipped.
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  12. #8
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,467
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)
    1831

    Default Re: Raw switch - two week status

    This is excellent news! You really can't beat raw and all of it's benefits. Eventually Louie will be switched over to it.

  13. Likes 2BullyMama, sisters3 liked this post
  14. #9
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,263
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11801

    Default Re: Raw switch - two week status

    Quote Originally Posted by sisters3 View Post
    Thank you Christine. Poconos....great! Do they ship to you? I would need it shipped.
    Yep... frozen and shipped to you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  15. #10
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,721
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)
    2158

    Default Re: Raw switch - two week status

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Yep... frozen and shipped to you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OMG thanks Christine, I am excited for Joey....she is tip top shape (thank God) but I always want the very best for her, so.....I am off to research and watch the documentary. Thank you again!!
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

  16. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  17. #11
    Pooper scooper SiuMai's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    48
    Bulldog(s) Names
    SiuMai
    Likes (Received)
    88

    Default Re: Raw switch - two week status

    At what age should we start on Raw?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #12
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    5,295
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    6526

    Default Re: Raw switch - two week status

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuMai View Post
    At what age should we start on Raw?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No age... immediately. Unless they are milking from mom.

  19. Likes SiuMai, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •