Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I'm thinking that may be Lambeau too... he has such a long list of environmental allergies.. everything green you can think of is on his list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same with Jax.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Since you feed raw you can put a tea spoon of avc in to his food. Maybe he don't smell it from there...

He gets Benebac which is pre and probiotics and he gets green tripe. I tried putting ACV on his water and he wouldn’t touch it.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Since you feed raw you can put a tea spoon of avc in to his food. Maybe he don't smell it from there...

That’s a great idea. I’ll try tonight.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
There is some scientific proof as well that raw food IS healthier....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWYgYbDhuE8

I watched the video and they basically measured homocysteine as a marker for inflammation, and found dogs fed raw food had less inflammation. That is great news for us owners who have found raw food is better, that there is now scientific evidence. What I found interesting was that even giving a dog a portion of their food as raw is very beneficial. So for those who can't afford raw, maybe one meal of raw food a day would be good for their dog and the second meal can be dry kibble. I also found interesting that the video mentioned that the highest cancer rates were in dogs fed canned dog food and cooked human food, even worse than dry dog food kibble.

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
I'll continue lurking this post. We've had Smash on raw diet since 16 weeks and so far I am pleased with his results. He's a food snob. [emoji12]

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I'm going to try giving my dog ( Honey ) either frozen raw food or dehydrated raw for one meal a day, and Carna4 duck lightly baked kibble for the other. It's better not to mix raw and baked in the same meal, so this way she can be fed at a watcher with the Carna4 without having to do a switch over if I go away. I'll report back in a couple months how she's doing. I found a really inexpensive frozen raw at my local Global pet food in Toronto, called NatuRAWls, so I'm going to give that a try at some point for one of the meals per day instead of dehydrated raw.

7oniarc

May 9, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dinah
I would love to get my dog switched over to Raw... Was there a specific guide you followed?
Another part is that I don't trust myself to handle raw = (

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would love to get my dog switched over to Raw... Was there a specific guide you followed?

I found a company that makes it for me... one pound package shipped to my door frozen... i thaw measure and feed

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I found a company that makes it for me... one pound package shipped to my door frozen... i thaw measure and feed

I haven't started yet with frozen raw, but I would assume you would give about 2% of dog's weight per day for inactive dog, eg. for 50 pound dog give 1 pound = 2 cups per day, or 1 cup twice a day. For 30 pound dog give 0.6 pound = 1.2 cups a day which is about 2/3 cup in morning and 1/2 cup at night.

You can also weigh out the food, so give 50 pound dog 1 pound daily =1/2 pound twice daily , or 50 pounds = 22.7 kg, so that would be 454 g per day or 227g twice daily.

I would also assume that if you buy big containers of solid frozen raw food you let it semi thaw when you get it just enough to cut it, then cut it into serving size portions, ziplock bag them, then refreeze them.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I haven't started yet with frozen raw, but I would assume you would give about 2% of dog's weight per day for inactive dog, eg. for 50 pound dog give 1 pound = 2 cups per day, or 1 cup twice a day. For 30 pound dog give 0.6 pound = 1.2 cups a day which is about 2/3 cup in morning and 1/2 cup at night.

You can also weigh out the food, so give 50 pound dog 1 pound daily =1/2 pound twice daily , or 50 pounds = 22.7 kg, so that would be 454 g per day or 227g twice daily.

I would also assume that if you buy big containers of solid frozen raw food you let it semi thaw when you get it just enough to cut it, then cut it into serving size portions, ziplock bag them, then refreeze them.
[MENTION=17141]7oniarc[/MENTION].... Brian/Lynne have given a great serving/measurement for feedings

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just to note... mackerel... is not working for them, Cheli is licking his paws and Lambeau has really bad gas. New order is for duck, which we know works for them both, want beef as a trail for two weeks and possibly try the rabbit.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

2% of their weight for adults is normally what you start with to maintain weight but depending on your dog, could be more or could be less. It’s something you have to play around with. My 4 year old Frenchie gets a little more than 2%. Puppies get 2% of their estimated adult weight.

The easiest way to feed raw is to buy it all ground up already balanced with the correct meat/bone/organ ratio.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'm going to try giving my dog ( Honey ) either frozen raw food or dehydrated raw for one meal a day, and Carna4 duck lightly baked kibble for the other. It's better not to mix raw and baked in the same meal, so this way she can be fed at a watcher with the Carna4 without having to do a switch over if I go away. I'll report back in a couple months how she's doing. I found a really inexpensive frozen raw at my local Global pet food in Toronto, called NatuRAWls, so I'm going to give that a try at some point for one of the meals per day instead of dehydrated raw.

wow,, this looks NICE! I would be happy to use IF I could get it in the US.. :( I do like the oc Raw here though, and find that I'm still doing my rotating thing with "brands". The oc beef has tripe so that's cool :)

pauline

Dec 30, 2017
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Hobson
I have just ordered dehydrated raw for Hobson as I haven't the room for frozen in my freezer but i have been told its almost as good and much better than kibble especially RC that he came to me on. I am going to introduce it over the next couple of weeks.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have just ordered dehydrated raw for Hobson as I haven't the room for frozen in my freezer but i have been told its almost as good and much better than kibble especially RC that he came to me on. I am going to introduce it over the next couple of weeks.

Yes... dehydrated is the next best thing! keep us posted

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.