Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Raw switch - two week status

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    The raw food sites say to start first with more digestible proteins such as chicken, turkey, rabbit or duck and later on switching to beef,lamb,or fish and adding tripe if desired. I'm sure Hank will get used to raw food after a while and be less gassy.
    Thanks And it’s been a couple of months now and the switch was simple no gas until I threw in the beef. He could eat the beef tripe no problem but the beef patty that actually has tripe in it as well, and sounded great I think was just a bit much. In reading back over my notes of the past year, whenever I gave him cooked beef he always got stinky too. Think I’m just gonna lay off of that. And just do the beef tripe when that comes back in stock .

2. Likes Dollys Owner, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Walker
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Smash
    Likes (Received)

Wanted to share a chart I use-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes 2BullyMama, Hankster, MissWaddles13 liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SmashAttack View Post

AWESOME!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

6. Likes SmashAttack liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Great chart !

Avocadoes should be safe to eat as long as the dog doesn't eat the pit.
    Controversial whether you really need to separate raw food from kibble, some people say you don't need to.

8. Likes SmashAttack liked this post
    Bulldog Walker
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Smash
    Likes (Received)

Great chart !

Avocadoes should be safe to eat as long as the dog doesn't eat the pit.
    Controversial whether you really need to separate raw food from kibble, some people say you don't need to.
    I haven't had issues when mixing freeze dried raw with raw, but I don't consider that a kibble. I could be wrong.

I didn't have any issues though, when Smash was first transitioned from kibble to raw.

10. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama. Read the part on fish oil...very interesting...

For other readers.....

I was never a big fan on giving any oils or vitamins on daily basics. Same for humans. If you eat right n balanced n organic if possible, you simple don’t need extras in your body. Same for a dog. Why I always say....”every other day” in all my post. Ginger n turmeric same thing. Probably the best 2 spice you can feed yourself n your fur balls but again every other day. We are so brain washed by marketing, doctors and/or vets telling us what to do instead of us doing our own homework. Yes of course you listen to your doctors and vets but think out of the box once in a while as a lot of dr n vets are paid to push the big companies kibbles, pharmaceutical meds n more. I too was septic about feeding raw because it wasn’t the “wild type raw” we have in our wilderness. All the chemicals they put in our food and especially what they feed our chicken, beef, lamb etc etc is scary. But if you do your homework and “ask” where n who makes, it will be much healthier down the road for your wallet n your fur balls.

Raw Feeding Made Easy: How To Make A Raw Dog Food Diet

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    @2BullyMama. Read the part on fish oil...very interesting...

For other readers.....

I was never a big fan on giving any oils or vitamins on daily basics. Same for humans. If you eat right n balanced n organic if possible, you simple don’t need extras in your body. Same for a dog. Why I always say....”every other day” in all my post. Ginger n turmeric same thing. Probably the best 2 spice you can feed yourself n your fur balls but again every other day. We are so brain washed by marketing, doctors and/or vets telling us what to do instead of us doing our own homework. Yes of course you listen to your doctors and vets but think out of the box once in a while as a lot of dr n vets are paid to push the big companies kibbles, pharmaceutical meds n more. I too was septic about feeding raw because it wasn’t the “wild type raw” we have in our wilderness. All the chemicals they put in our food and especially what they feed our chicken, beef, lamb etc etc is scary. But if you do your homework and “ask” where n who makes, it will be much healthier down the road for your wallet n your fur balls.

Raw Feeding Made Easy: How To Make A Raw Dog Food Diet
    I've changed my mind about it being healthier to feed your dog sardines or other small fish after reading that they may contain strontium after the Fukushima disaster https://peterdobias.com/blogs/blog/1...rontium-levels

I think if you squeeze out fish oil from capsules you will be getting non rancid oil each time, that's what I'm going to do after I finish my sardine cans.

14. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I've changed my mind about it being healthier to feed your dog sardines or other small fish after reading that they may contain strontium after the Fukushima disaster https://peterdobias.com/blogs/blog/1...rontium-levels

I think if you squeeze out fish oil from capsules you will be getting non rancid oil each time, that's what I'm going to do after I finish my sardine cans.
    From my understanding it’s if you’re giving fish oil and from a supplement form as you need to extract it to put it into a gel cap...it’s better you feed fresh whole fish....I buy frozen stout trout heads..I think that’s how you spell it lol.

Rule #9: Feed Fish Once A Week

Although a lot of raw feeders do, I never give my dogs fish oil. It can easily turn rancid (even high quality oil) and cause inflammation in your dog, it’s not environmentally friendly and it’s a heated processed product. I feed my dogs to avoid the unhealthy consequences of heating and processing and I don’t want to undo all that hard work and extra expense by slathering fish oil all over my dogs’ meals. And if you’re feeding poultry, your dog’s diet will be much too high in polyunsaturated fats if you add fish oil.

Instead of fish oil, you can feed whole fish (like sardines, smelts, herring, mackerel) once or twice a week or you can add a little fish to several meals. At the end of the week, you’ll want whole fish to be about 5% of your dog’s total diet and this will balance out his fats.

16. Likes Dollys Owner, 2BullyMama, SmashAttack liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

I got a nice frozen fish din din from Kahoots feed store... comes from New Zealand and sounds great for a once or twice a week addition. I LOVED that article @helsonwheels !!! and all the little add on things to read. rEal informative!!

18. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    I got a nice frozen fish din din from Kahoots feed store... comes from New Zealand and sounds great for a once or twice a week addition. I LOVED that article @helsonwheels !!! and all the little add on things to read. rEal informative!!
    I read a lot....All that is my bedtime reading... then I open my eyes around 3ish a.m. and start thinking. Like noooooo I need my zzzzz.....

20. Likes Hankster liked this post
    Bulldog Walker
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Smash
    Likes (Received)

That is what we do every few days. I also like to derive the nutrients I feed Smash from his food, first, as someone else previously stated. I have not given him any fish because I do not trust it unless I've caught it fresh, but I have used avocado meat, raw chicken egg, probiotics from yogurt and sauerkraut, etc. His coat is quite soft.

22. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Walker
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Smash
    Likes (Received)

That is what we do every few days. I also like to derive the nutrients I feed Smash from his food, first, as someone else previously stated. I have not given him any fish because I do not trust it unless I've caught it fresh, but I have used avocado meat, raw chicken egg, probiotics from yogurt and sauerkraut, etc. His coat is quite soft.

To clarify, I live on the gulf and would prefer to give Smash a fresh water fish. Maybe it's piggy perch jerkin' time.

24. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Remove Ads