General Question Cultured Coconut Kefir ???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have not... [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] may have insight
[MENTION=12725]Dollys [/MENTION]owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I am wondering if anyone has given their BD cultured coconut kefir, here is a link with the details.

Home

Litte secret hidden in Nova Scotia n New Brunswick. These 2 ladies that started that are smart cookies. I will try some for sure. For Bella I wouldn't give 2 tablespoons as she's 80lbs. I would start slowly like 1/4 tsp n gradually go to one tabsp. Start every other day and slowly again. Babysteps is always better so you can keep track.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Litte secret hidden in Nova Scotia n New Brunswick. These 2 ladies that started that are smare cookies. I will try some for sure. For Bella I wouldn't give 2 tablespoons as she's 80lbs. I would start slowly like 1/4 tsp n gradually go to one tabsp. Start every other day and slowly again. Babysteps is always better so you can keep track.

Yes they are on the ball for sure. The places that I talked to about the coconut stuff raved about it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes they are on the ball for sure. The places that I talked to about the coconut stuff raved about it.

When you have stores calling you up and want to hold the product, they're doing something right. It's all healthy. I started a homemade pesto business. Im the only one in Alberta from what I was told that does fresh homemade in a jar. When stores calls you up, it means it's in demand and people are starting to wake up to eat cleaner. Now I need help! Lolll so I understand these 2 ladies what they created n it's growing fast. I should of done this in mt 20s lolll.

From what I see they sell only East side of Canada. Going to see if they can sell online or ship it here. Bit like me only west side of Canada but can ship anywhere in Canada.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Litte secret hidden in Nova Scotia n New Brunswick. These 2 ladies that started that are smart cookies. I will try some for sure. For Bella I wouldn't give 2 tablespoons as she's 80lbs. I would start slowly like 1/4 tsp n gradually go to one tabsp. Start every other day and slowly again. Babysteps is always better so you can keep track.

That's just milk kefir but made with coconut milk instead of regular milk.The grains are a symbiotic mix of bacteria and fungi that clump together into solid lumps called grains that produce a healthy probiotic liquid in their culture medium. It's much cheaper to buy the milk kefir grains and make it yourself by keeping the grains in a quart mason jar filled with milk or coconut milk. You pour off the kefir milk produced each day through a strainer and put in fresh milk. You can't make your own kefir if you buy the liquid, you have to get the grains. The dog can drink the milk you poured out or even eat the excess grains that are produced. I used to make it using organic milk and got tired of the sour milk taste so bought water kefir grains instead. Those are mixed with filtered water and sugar and unsulfated molasses and water kefir is made each day. Milk kefir is supposed to be a bit healthier than water kefir. I got my milk kefir grains from a friend, but you can buy them online from places like Cultures for Health https://www.culturesforhealth.com/learn/milk-kefir/how-to-find-milk-kefir-grains/

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I bought water kefir grains from a different place. You can't make milk kefir by adding milk to water kefir grains, or water kefir by adding water and sugar to milk kefir grains. They are different symbiotic mixes that require different culture media.

OP
B

Bella Bluenoser

Dec 11, 2017
Nova Scotia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
That's just milk kefir but made with coconut milk instead of regular milk.The grains are a symbiotic mix of bacteria and fungi that clump together into solid lumps called grains that produce a healthy probiotic liquid in their culture medium. It's much cheaper to buy the milk kefir grains and make it yourself by keeping the grains in a quart mason jar filled with milk or coconut milk. You pour off the kefir milk produced each day through a strainer and put in fresh milk. You can't make your own kefir if you buy the liquid, you have to get the grains. The dog can drink the milk you poured out or even eat the excess grains that are produced. I used to make it using organic milk and got tired of the sour milk taste so bought water kefir grains instead. Those are mixed with filtered water and sugar and unsulfated molasses and water kefir is made each day. Milk kefir is supposed to be a bit healthier than water kefir. I got my milk kefir grains from a friend, but you can buy them online from places like Cultures for Health https://www.culturesforhealth.com/learn/milk-kefir/how-to-find-milk-kefir-grains/

Very interesting but for me it is easier to just buy it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I bought water kefir grains from a different place. You can't make milk kefir by adding milk to water kefir grains, or water kefir by adding water and sugar to milk kefir grains. They are different symbiotic mixes that require different culture media.

Im so over loaded with my business I would have to buy it too. But interesting and maybe in feb where its more quite for me I'll try it. Thanks!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Very interesting but for me it is easier to just buy it.

Just got an email from one of the owners. They are working on expanding to the west side of Canada. Mid next yr should have it in Calgary. They do not do online either but montreal's store does. Need gel pack so the can ship it here.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.