Automatic Dog Feeder

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
I'm looking for an automatic dog feeder for bulldog, it wouldn't be an everyday thing - just on days I will be home late. He has a larger sized kibble. Any recommendations?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I'm looking for an automatic dog feeder for bulldog, it wouldn't be an everyday thing - just on days I will be home late. He has a larger sized kibble. Any recommendations?
What's late for you? Dogs wont go hungry if it's a couple hours here n there. If you're late like over 10hrs I would start asking someone to pit stop at the house. Just a thought :)

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
What's late for you? Dogs wont go hungry if it's a couple hours here n there. If you're late like over 10hrs I would start asking someone to pit stop at the house. Just a thought :)

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I agree unless Diesel suffers from Empty Stomach Syndrome which is what Jewel has. She is fed 3-4 times a day.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
These days everyone(but me!) has iphones that can control your everything. There are feeders that you can control with your phone.You can also watch him on your phone. Personally, I would feed him in the morning before you leave for work. Then his tummy will not be empty, and he can survive until you get home. I would be afraid-what if he chokes on his food, and you are not there? Guess I am a worrier. [MENTION=15134]Diesel10[/MENTION]

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
These days everyone(but me!) has iphones that can control your everything. There are feeders that you can control with your phone.You can also watch him on your phone. Personally, I would feed him in the morning before you leave for work. Then his tummy will not be empty, and he can survive until you get home. I would be afraid-what if he chokes on his food, and you are not there? Guess I am a worrier. [MENTION=15134]Diesel10[/MENTION]

You can even get a baby monitor and check everything from your phone.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
An auto feeder? Hah, my guys(or even just one of them) would chew that feeder to bits just to get to 1 small piece of kibble that gets stuck inside. I recommend not doing it. And Manydogs' point/concern about choking on food whilst you're away is legit, IMO. Not worth the risk for a couple hours waiting...sleeping. When I'm not around my dogs sleep...like what's the point in being awake if they cannot eat?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with the gang.... not worth the risk.

OP
D

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Diesel is fed 3 times a day. Once in the morning, supper, and bedtime. This is because he used to suffer from gastric ulcers and if he isn't fed after so many hours, he will start puking bile. I'm a nurse in an OR, so sometimes I'm on call. I need a feeder like this to help keep his diet regular, it won't be every day - just days I'm on call in case I don't make it home in time to feed him (I work 730 - 4pm and am on call 4pm - 730am so "late" for me can be really late..). Anyways, this post wasn't a "should I?", it was more of have you used any automatic feeders you like? I just need one big enough for his kibble to fit through, and also a big enough dish for him (big head!). I'm not the least bit concerned about him trying to pry it open, as I know his personality. As for the choking, it's a risk yes but so it developing ulcers again for him. Thanks guys.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel is fed 3 times a day. Once in the morning, supper, and bedtime. This is because he used to suffer from gastric ulcers and if he isn't fed after so many hours, he will start puking bile. I'm a nurse in an OR, so sometimes I'm on call. I need a feeder like this to help keep his diet regular, it won't be every day - just days I'm on call in case I don't make it home in time to feed him (I work 730 - 4pm and am on call 4pm - 730am so "late" for me can be really late..). Anyways, this post wasn't a "should I?", it was more of have you used any automatic feeders you like? I just need one big enough for his kibble to fit through, and also a big enough dish for him (big head!). I'm not the least bit concerned about him trying to pry it open, as I know his personality. As for the choking, it's a risk yes but so it developing ulcers again for him. Thanks guys.

If you have a slow eater as a dog n not like [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] dogs or my little Duke that inhales, maybe it can work. I personally wouldn't go that route but sometimes our hands are tied. One of my son has one outside for his half wolf dog. He never had issues. Idk your dog so I cant recommend its perfect for yours.

Members online

No members online now.