Fromm Formula

H

heff101

Just wondering what is the most popular formula people are using from Fromm?
Maybe the mods can setup a survey on this?
Thanks

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
2 of the dogs here are on the chicken formula, the other two are on the pork and applesauce formula.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It's a good idea to switch the protein sources on a regular basis as long as you stay within the same "range". So we stick with Fromm 4-Star range, and just switch between the flavours.

We started on Salmon, after that duck, pork, chicken ... and that's when we run into problems. We discovered that Maggie has a slight allergy to chicken. She can have the flavours which have a little bit of chicken in them, but as soon as we tried the Fromm Chicken & Veggies bag her face started to smell, her tear stains came back, then she got spots along one side of her nose and interdigital cysts on her back foot which then became infected.

After that I got a little over-careful and we've since had the Beef Frittata and now the Surf n' Turf, because they are also grain free and the Beef is totally chicken free. Maggie has done wonderfully on the Beef and seems ok on the Surf n' Turf, so I think she can have all the other flavours that just have a slight amount of chicken in. HOWEVER, the grain-free seems to stop Daddy farting ....:up: :up: :up:. This was something that we just discovered by accident!! So we will probably stick to the two grain free formulas from now on.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I used the chicken fromm is an all stage food, but I feel like I'm neglecting him somehow by not giving him puppy food. He doesnt seem to be thriving as much on the chicken vs puppy food...maybe Im just crazy, we will see, but Im gonna use the puppy food for a few months I think.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I used the chicken fromm is an all stage food, but I feel like I'm neglecting him somehow by not giving him puppy food. He doesnt seem to be thriving as much on the chicken vs puppy food...maybe Im just crazy, we will see, but Im gonna use the puppy food for a few months I think.

[MENTION=1790]Luvin My Bullie[/MENTION] We have had Daddy on the Fromm 4* range since we got him. Just spent a couple of weeks switching him over. He has done really well on it. The fromm 4* range has such a wide range of nutritious ingredients that it is suitable for all stages of a dogs life. Daddy is almost 8 months old now!

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Chaos likes the 4 star fromm, but his weight seemed to drop some. I ordered the puppy this go round , so we will see if its just me or if it is making a difference. the ingredients in the puppy look good as well, so we r giving itt a whirl.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We are on the grain free and they only have the 2 types so I switch between the 2 every other month. Beef and surf and turf.

Miss Molly

Feb 18, 2011
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Molly is on the whitefish and potato. I'm planning on switching between the flavors. When I got my rescue basset, he decided he no longer wanted to eat his own kind of food, so I am switching him to Fromm as well, he really loves it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use the beef frittatta and the surf and turf. 4 of my bullies switch between the two, Jess and Yuna mainly on surf & turf, Mandy and Molly mainly on Beef, and Tidus can only have the beef formula as he is allergic to chicken. :(

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva has had the duck, surf and turf and beef. Each bag I order a new one, I think the pork and applesauce are the smallest in size so I am planning on ordering that one next for Silva and my new puppy Stella.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Belly is on the Fromm puppy and my boston is on the pork and applesauce. They both love it!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH is doing well on beef Frittata she seems to have issues with chicken too, has been much better with the beef Frittata than even the surf and turf. And WAY better than Bil Jac

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
I am a new bully owner and am currently feeding Memphis Blue Buffalo Puppy but am switching to Fromm since I see that is what everyone is using n like it... Do you order it online or is there somewhere that it can be purchased? Has anyone ever used Orijen?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You can get Fromm or Orijen from petflow. Otherwise you can check with your local feed stores :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online