Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does someone know about royal canine ultamino dry food ?

Country
    Miami fl
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Default Does someone know about royal canine ultamino dry food ?

Biggie is a 4 years old English bulldog that has been battling allergies for a while, I tried several foods all good quality. First he was on blue buffalo but develop yeast grown so I change for natures instinct, natureís logic all grain free, vet recommended prescription food by hills and he was ok on it until antibiotics wore out, then back on natures variety instinct raw limited ingredients but he got worse, he also had apoquel meds and cytopoint shoots , that work for a while. Now I was trying to get him out meds and start gave him this new dehydrated limited ingredients food from honest kitchen but after the cytopoint shot went away the allergies came back strong. I took him to the vet and after more antibiotics and another cytopoint shoot this vet want him on royal canine ultamino food, he says thatís the way we will find out if is food or environment allergies.
    I look to the ingredients and the first one is corn starch and some chicken by products, I heard those are big allergens. For me it seems that every time I go to a different veterinarian ( I been in several at least 6) they just want to promote their meds and food companies they have deals with.
    I want to thank everyone here for all the information you shared, itís been valuable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -50659ba3-2181-457b-a771-45f742fa983e-jpeg  

2. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does someone know about royal canine ultamino dry food ?

RC is crap food. The best way to find a food allergy is to do an elimination diet. Start with just one protein and give for a month or so and see if there is any reaction to it. Then introduce a different protein. Just one protein at a time. And don't give any treats. Sometimes the issue could be peas or potatoes or a veggie or fruit so really limit what you are giving. If you want to stick to kibble, I think Zignature is a limited ingredient food and Acana has a Singles line as well.

Also, IMO, if the Apoquel and/or Cytopoint were working, I would say it's an environmental issue as those have nothing to do with food allergies. My French Bulldog was on Apoquel and now doing Cytopoint because he is allergic to everything green outside.

4. Likes Manydogs, 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Your boy is gorgeous!!

Agree with Citty- if Apoquel/Cytopoint worked .. it is environmental.

What type of issues does he have? Scratching, yeast, rashes, ear infections??

Stay off RC Hills and Science Diet... all crap food .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

6. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Make sure you give him probiotics with all that antibiotic. Fermented Sauerkraut in the refrigerator would be a great one.

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Agree with all above .. Maybe try Zignature Kangaroo... probably he will be fine with that. https://www.chewy.com/zignature-kang...ient/dp/118056 Or you can even better go with one of the limited ingredient dehydrated raw diet like Honest Kitchen.

I would try a doggie probiotic preferably, eg. Herbsmith Microflora Plus or Proviable DC. Or, the live sauerkraut, green tripe or kefir if you can't get doggie probiotic.

Also add on a paste of turmeric, freshly ground pepper and raw virgin coconut oil mixed into the dog food.

10. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Miami fl
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Hi back, Biggie had a lot yeast and his skin was full of scabs and ear infection and was lethargic, after the vet visit and the antibiotics and cytopoint shot he got better. I got him Zignature venison limited ingridients and he’s been on this food for almost three weeks, he still ok, no eye discharge and he’s skin it’s Better. Now I notice today he has some black spots like hot spots but with a dark rings, not to bad but he didn’t have it before, I have him Greek yogurt plain probiotics and omega 3 and vitamin d. That’s all been gave him, no treats and nothing else.
    I appreciate your time, thanks everybody for your sharing -c076ed5e-dc47-4a6a-85e2-3074891ec844-jpeg

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It’s my understanding that Apoquel is an anti-inflammatory that will treat inflammation regardless of the cause. I would not rule out any cause at this point. A blood allergy test will eliminate the guess work with which all of the Vets have been engaged. See a dermatologist and get your handsome one tested.

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

13. Likes 2BullyMama, 1Chumly liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    It’s my understanding that Apoquel is an anti-inflammatory that will treat inflammation regardless of the cause. I would not rule out any cause at this point. A blood allergy test will eliminate the guess work with which all of the Vets have been engaged. See a dermatologist and get your handsome one tested.
    The gold standard for food allergy testing is an elimination diet, and skin testing for environmental allergies.

15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0713 View Post
    Hi back, Biggie had a lot yeast and his skin was full of scabs and ear infection and was lethargic, after the vet visit and the antibiotics and cytopoint shot he got better. I got him Zignature venison limited ingridients and heís been on this food for almost three weeks, he still ok, no eye discharge and heís skin itís Better. Now I notice today he has some black spots like hot spots but with a dark rings, not to bad but he didnít have it before, I have him Greek yogurt plain probiotics and omega 3 and vitamin d. Thatís all been gave him, no treats and nothing else.
    I appreciate your time, thanks everybody for your sharing -c076ed5e-dc47-4a6a-85e2-3074891ec844-jpeg
    Can you post a picture of the spots you mention, please?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    Miami fl
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

-46c707ac-f1f4-4eff-a819-bf1217cfd78e-jpeg

-e6335f01-0df2-49a3-b3f0-05001d9ed982-jpeg

Not sure if u could see it well , I will take more pics tomorrow with the sunlight, thank you

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)

So a few years ago Jax had some sores on his belly area that turned black. It was from a food allergy. Not sure if thatís what is going on here.

Country
    Miami fl
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    So a few years ago Jax had some sores on his belly area that turned black. It was from a food allergy. Not sure if thatís what is going on here.

He was on honest kitchen limited ing turkey parsnip for couple months and before that, he was on natures v limited ing raw salmon but heís allergies were out of control so I switched to honest kitchen. Now heís been on Zignature limited ing venison for the last 10 days, heís been ok but he had a cytopoint shot and antiobitics 3 weeks ago. I tried so many foods, all good quality. I start to think he has a environmental allergies.
    If the allergies comes back I would have to take for an allergies test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads