Does someone know about royal canine ultamino dry food ?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Did you ever figure this out? What food is Biggie on?
Rocky is 2 y.o. and he has those little bald spots as well. The vet recommended we put him on RC Ultamino.
I had him on many different foods, none have worked. Including Zignature, Earthborn Holistic, Taste of the Wild, Wellness CORE (Grain-Free).
Also, all the vets keep saying how bad these grain-free kibbles are & that they're linked to heart problems.
I also tried him out on a raw-diet & he got salmonella the 2nd week he was on it so that's not something I would go back to, not worth the risk.

I agree with Christine.

Have you tried single protein bags? As the ones you tried are mixed n youā€™ll never will figure it out. I would go with Acana single protein bags and start with Duck. Easier to digest. Monitor n after the bag is done do another protein of Acana like fish. Heavy meat like beef, pork lamb are always a bit harder to digest.

Question, when he was on the raw diet n he got salmonella, was he checked by the same vet that told you to get him on RC? If so I personally would change vet. But thatā€™s me. Like Christine mentioned, grain free kibbles that they're linked to heart problems is totally false n proven too. I say to this day itā€™s a bunch of vets started this rumor. Vets will push for RC loaded with fillers, Science Hill that killed loads of dogs cause overdose of vit D n their other SH is also full fillers n colours n Purina, anything made by Purina, well they use a lot of colourful chemicals made from China to make the colourful kibbles! Was the raw diet Pre-made or you bought it at the grocery store n made his meals?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
" I say to this day itā€™s a bunch of vets started this rumor. " That is absolutely true. The two primary vets involved in this worked for Nestles which is responsible for a whole bunch of crap dog food. I wonder how big of a bonus they got?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Regarding salmonella - a healthy dog will not have problems with salmonella even when ingested. Dogs have a more acidic gut than humans and that's why they can eat kibbles (salmonella and other bacteria can be present in commercial kibbles and other pet food, that's why humans are advised not to eat it), raw meat, dig through the garbage, lick their anus... and live. But, health compromised dogs - like those with severely compromised immune systems and very weak gut flora can be too weak to overcome salmonella ingestion. In these cases, you have much bigger problems than the salmonella.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Jax got sick from raw food one time in all the years he's been eating it. I used to order frozen raw bison patties from a company in Colorado. This particular batch came in the middle of the a heat wave and was pretty thawed by the time it arrived to me but I still gave it to him thinking his stomach would be fine. It took me a couple of weeks to realize that was the cause but he had diarrhea and vomiting.

Marta

Dec 2, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Did you ever figure this out? What food is Biggie on?
Rocky is 2 y.o. and he has those little bald spots as well. The vet recommended we put him on RC Ultamino.
I had him on many different foods, none have worked. Including Zignature, Earthborn Holistic, Taste of the Wild, Wellness CORE (Grain-Free).
Also, all the vets keep saying how bad these grain-free kibbles are & that they're linked to heart problems.
I also tried him out on a raw-diet & he got salmonella the 2nd week he was on it so that's not something I would go back to, not worth the risk.

Thank you all for your suggestions & input!

Helene: The vet that confirmed the salmonella recommended RC Hydrolyzed Protein Adult HP Dry Dog Food. Another vet recently recommended RC Ultamino to try for 3 months because then we'll be able to determine what his issues are linked to. Basically, if he improves then it is indeed a food allergy & not environmental.
Also, from the very beginning the breeder we got him from told us to keep him on RC. I took him off RC after reading about the fillers and ingredients.
I did try single protein bags, but there have not been any changes. I will give Acana a try if the current diet doesnā€™t work. Thanks!

Christine: I tried various proteins: chicken, lamb, beef, bison, rabbit, various fish. I have not tried goat or kangaroo.
Interesting though that every single vet I go to continues to warn about the grain-free diet.
Thank you all for the insight regarding the grain-free diet! Good to know.

Anatess:
A healthy dog can get salmonella. The problem for us was diarrhea. The only symptom he had of salmonella was diarrhea for about a week. It was confirmed by the test at the vet. Heā€™s fine, but I donā€™t think a raw diet is worth the trouble it may cause.

Citty: Makes sense. Iā€™m sure what I got was a bad batch of raw beef from the butcher.
Also, Cytopoint didnā€™t work for Rocky. Glad it worked for your French Bulldog!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.