My Tear Stains Theory

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So....as most i do one protein a month to eliminate my hit list for allergies, hives or whatever issue my pups might get. I'm more positive than that it reading all your post sometimes im.on my guard. That's ALL your fault!!! Lolll Anyhoo, it does take a while but worth it. I can say now Nyala is good with anything. Doing the same with DUKE. He's got a ways to go as hes still young. BUT...YES A BUT!!! Ive notice something, is it a fluke? IDK as still early. I notice when Duke gets tripes on daily basis his tear stains disappears!!! He gets grain free treats like duck, chicken, bison, liver. For Duke's lunch snack usually it's tripe or a chicken neck. Yes Nyala gets the same. I gave him a week of chicken necks and his stains were there. Gave him tripe for 3 days so far, stains are gone. So I've been switching back n forth and i would have to say tripe works for tear stains. This month he's on Acana Grassland like Nyala and his morning raw for 2 days now is steel head trout or is it steelblue head... French is kicking in again!!! Once them patties are done he'll try something new in raw. But I know tripe will stay for good in their diet as its a fantastic probiotic. Stinks like hell but worth it. So that's MY 2 cents of theory.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
sounds good to me.... Im bummed as of yet, i havent gotten the frozen tripe by itself. Right now, i can get it with beef hearts and liver and tripe... going on another search tomorrow or ask to special order i guess... Thanks for your learnings ;) always helpful!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Tripe sounds great, but not that convenient because of smell and mess. How come you never tried making your own kefir, given that you are so in to natural and holistic ?

So....as most i do one protein a month to eliminate my hit list for allergies, hives or whatever issue my pups might get. I'm more positive than that it reading all your post sometimes im.on my guard. That's ALL your fault!!! Lolll Anyhoo, it does take a while but worth it. I can say now Nyala is good with anything. Doing the same with DUKE. He's got a ways to go as hes still young. BUT...YES A BUT!!! Ive notice something, is it a fluke? IDK as still early. I notice when Duke gets tripes on daily basis his tear stains disappears!!! He gets grain free treats like duck, chicken, bison, liver. For Duke's lunch snack usually it's tripe or a chicken neck. Yes Nyala gets the same. I gave him a week of chicken necks and his stains were there. Gave him tripe for 3 days so far, stains are gone. So I've been switching back n forth and i would have to say tripe works for tear stains. This month he's on Acana Grassland like Nyala and his morning raw for 2 days now is steel head trout or is it steelblue head... French is kicking in again!!! Once them patties are done he'll try something new in raw. But I know tripe will stay for good in their diet as its a fantastic probiotic. Stinks like hell but worth it. So that's MY 2 cents of theory.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tripe sounds great, but not that convenient because of smell and mess. How come you never tried making your own kefir, given that you are so in to natural and holistic ?

Kefir is fantastic and I use it myself. I so dont have time to make it n break my head when I can buy it at $4. I come in here to take that 5 min break out of the kitchen so my back wont break. Being in the food industry and making the sauces is a lot of work. These are all handcrafted sauces. You're in Canada so you will know how big Sobeys, Safeway, Co-op n others are. I live in a kitchen. Plus take care of a few houses I own to rent them out, take care of 2 very active pups n try once in a while get out once a month with the pups to take a day off. Why my goal is to sell all in 5yrs and buy something along a lake. And........yes sometimes I give kefir to the pups but boils down they're dogs. They rather have meat than milk. Yes it stinks and guarantee I use gloves, cut the patties in cubes and becomes a frozen treat. All this to say, I dont want to add more to my schedule :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Jax gets tripe every day. I will give Louie a little bit when I'm making up the meals to freeze but maybe I'll start giving him a tad more. And yup...worse smell ever. Couldn't do it without gloves buts it's so healthy for them so it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:ponder: May have to try as Lambeau tear stains are bad

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
WHERE to GET???? !!!! :ohmy: Nobody around here has green tripe except in mixes with other stuff. I thought of checking with butcher but then for some reason that kind of freaks me out. any suggestions?? I did get freeze dried lamb so that will do I suppose..

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
WHERE to GET???? !!!! :ohmy: Nobody around here has green tripe except in mixes with other stuff. I thought of checking with butcher but then for some reason that kind of freaks me out. any suggestions?? I did get freeze dried lamb so that will do I suppose..

Vital Essentials has a freeze dried beef tripe https://www.chewy.com/vital-essenti...Vxlt-Ch3FTgsiEAQYASABEgKKifD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

But I could swear when I went to get their frozen patties, they had a frozen tripe bag. Not sure if any local stores near you sell this brand so you can check.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Vital Essentials has a freeze dried beef tripe https://www.chewy.com/vital-essenti...Vxlt-Ch3FTgsiEAQYASABEgKKifD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

But I could swear when I went to get their frozen patties, they had a frozen tripe bag. Not sure if any local stores near you sell this brand so you can check.

thank you ... you must have heard me yelling :whistle: lol..... yes, my doggie health food store 'did' sell the frozen vital essentials but they didn't sell well so they stopped. I'm pretty sure though that they will special order for me as I have been a LONGGGGGGGGGGG time customer. I just may do that as no one else has. I did get the freeze dried lamb which I was told are excellent, so I may feel fine with that. We shall see :) btw... is that your name Citty ??

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

I get mine at Pet Valu... called Canivore. 8 big patties 14 $ extremely rare you will find it at a butcher because of the health inspection. No one wants to work with tripe cause of potential diseases. Facilities needs to have inspectors standing up their butts as you cannot butcher anything else in meat. Everything has to be bleached n sterilize down. No one wants to deal with the real green tripe. Only facilities that does only tripe and nothing else.... will only sell to petshops. If you see white rubbery tripe, it means it's been bleached. Useless.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks Helene.... looks like not in my state.... I would think that i may be able to get my food place to order from them??? will see... thanks again! and for that other info on it!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I get mine at Pet Valu... called Canivore. 8 big patties 14 $ extremely rare you will find it at a butcher because of the health inspection. No one wants to work with tripe cause of potential diseases. Facilities needs to have inspectors standing up their butts as you cannot butcher anything else in meat. Everything has to be bleached n sterilize down. No one wants to deal with the real green tripe. Only facilities that does only tripe and nothing else.... will only sell to petshops. If you see white rubbery tripe, it means it's been bleached. Useless.

Yup...trying to find green tripe around here was a bit of a challenge but then I found a local raw food company that has it and I get 20 pounds delivered every 2 1/2 months or so.
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] I think the company I get it from will ship it but I'm not sure if shipping costs. But it's called Darwin's if you wanted to look into it.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Yup...trying to find green tripe around here was a bit of a challenge but then I found a local raw food company that has it and I get 20 pounds delivered every 2 1/2 months or so.
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] I think the company I get it from will ship it but I'm not sure if shipping costs. But it's called Darwin's if you wanted to look into it.

awwwwwwwwwwww, I've heard of Darwin's... I will check that. So, how does it come to you? do you know pretty much the time so it's not left out?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
awwwwwwwwwwww, I've heard of Darwin's... I will check that. So, how does it come to you? do you know pretty much the time so it's not left out?

They are local to me so they drop it off. It comes frozen.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
They are local to me so they drop it off. It comes frozen.

I checked it out and i'd have to get to much :( also, I think its for subscribers only and though i'd sort of love to go all raw, Hank is picky even with that and I would need another freezer :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.