Thread: Question about 'this' curcumin (tumeric)

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Default Question about 'this' curcumin (tumeric)

I've been to a batch of this one but I am ready to get more Tumerick… I wonder if someone could tell me if I should re-order this one, or, I think Dr. Axe has a real good one for people that I may share with him.(hank) this one here is dr mercolas for pets. -img_2819-jpg

Real Name
    Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question about 'this' curcumin (tumeric)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    I've been to a batch of this one but I am ready to get more Tumerick… I wonder if someone could tell me if I should re-order this one, or, I think Dr. Axe has a real good one for people that I may share with him.(hank) this one here is dr mercolas for pets. -img_2819-jpg
    What is this used for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    The "inactive ingredients" in that photo is like ewwwwwwww., no thank you!
    You know if you have time buy iy by bulk, buy at your health food stores the empty capsule and read what your capsules are made out of as some will be silicone, or gelatin etc. Abd you make them yourself. Also here's a little note....

Turmeric Supplements*

So, how do you take turmeric? Along with adding turmeric into your diet, you may also consider taking it or curcumin in supplement form. I personally recommend consuming a CO2 extracted form of turmeric.Also, according to a study, published in*Planta Medica,*taking turmeric in combination with black pepper, which contains piperine, improves turmeric absorbability throughout the entire body. They added 20mg of piperine to 2,000mg turmeric, and it increased the bioavailability of turmeric 154 percent!*

4. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

I just buy the 454g plastic bottle of ground Club House turmeric from Costco, and put it in with some ground pepper and coconut oil in the dog food. You are using Actiflex-4000 which has bioperine so you don't need the ground pepper if you give turmeric at same time as the Actiflex-4000

-999999-66200912635-jpg

6. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Thank you guys so much. This was actually bought for my tzus and i use regular tumeric and add pepper and coconut oil for hank usually but because this was from 'mercola' i thought it was something special so used it up... So glad i asked!!! Im also heading to costco tomorrow so that'll be added to list.. going to have to read the CO2 extracted method first i suppose. I do love DrAXE so may take a peek over there real quick too.

8. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by megskee View Post
    What is this used for?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Turmeric is an anti inflammatory. Mix some with your dog's food along with ginger.

Same benefits for dogs.
    https://draxe.com/turmeric-benefits/

10. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I would use a store bought Turmeric as well, mostly all vitamins, supplements and some over the counter creams like Polysporin, and other products like Benadryl, baby wipes, eye drops, etc that people can use are usually safe for our dogs, and much cheaper than buying them from your vet. Most people also don't know that you can ask your vet to write you a prescription for Penicillin and other medications and fill them at the pharmacy for your pet, and it less expensive than the vet dispensing them.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I would use a store bought Turmeric as well, mostly all vitamins, supplements and some over the counter creams like Polysporin, and other products like Benadryl, baby wipes, eye drops, etc that people can use are usually safe for our dogs, and much cheaper than buying them from your vet. Most people also don't know that you can ask your vet to write you a prescription for Penicillin and other medications and fill them at the pharmacy for your pet, and it less expensive than the vet dispensing them.
    thanks and yes! I used to have my vet so that for my shih tzus. good reminder!

Remove Ads