Question about my bullie not eating....

OP
D

Dana Mayhall

Mar 21, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly, Bud and Kami
None of my puppies are litter mates. I purchased each one of them. I am not a breeder. I just love English Bulldogs.

Just to update I didn't feed her last night I offered food she didn't eat so I let it go. This morning I put her food down and she eat some of it but was more like picking at it. I take each one of my babies for walks alone and spend 101 time with them all so they don't feel forgotten. My babies are my everything. They are never alone at all. If they can't go I send send someone else to do whatever I need to do for me. All three are spoiled. (worse than my kids are) LOL I will continue to keep you updated. and thank you for your advise. I hope it all works.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No help here, you have surely gotten great advice already. I just hope the poor thing starts eating soon. Oh and yes we need pics please. :)

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=2068]Dana Mayhall[/MENTION]
None of my puppies are litter mates. I purchased each one of them. I am not a breeder. I just love English Bulldogs.

Just to update I didn't feed her last night I offered food she didn't eat so I let it go. This morning I put her food down and she eat some of it but was more like picking at it. I take each one of my babies for walks alone and spend 101 time with them all so they don't feel forgotten. My babies are my everything. They are never alone at all. If they can't go I send send someone else to do whatever I need to do for me. All three are spoiled. (worse than my kids are) LOL I will continue to keep you updated. and thank you for your advise. I hope it all works.

I knew they weren't litter mates to have the age differences...And my comment wasn't directed as if you play with them individually. Let me go pull my book about what it says about litter mates. I would think since all yours are still puppies it would still apply due to they are not mature dogs. Even though they aren't litter mates. Something you may want to watch for. .
In my book it states breeders in my book states pups should be separated. So they don't identify dogs as their pecking order pack leader. By 10-12 weeks of age. This should happen...between 6-8 mths dominance issues can become established....

I'm not saying that your pups are liter mates or that you must keep them separated...but...that you should watch their interaction. See if the younger one isn't being double tagged so to speak by the other two. This can cause stress and cause a pup to not want to eat as well. I would also feed the youngest away from the others...until she's eating more readily. She may be afraid to eat...with the other dogs around. I would offer her food to her while she's in the comfort of her own crate...safe in her den if you will...

And did you try soaking the kibble a bit? You mentioned she ate a bit...after skipping her evening meal.

OP
D

Dana Mayhall

Mar 21, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly, Bud and Kami
Just wanted to give a quick update on Kami... She is doing great now. She is eating good, well sometimes I have to hand feed her as I think she is just too lazy to eat from her bowl. I don't mind that cause I am glad I am not having to force feed her anymore. She has gained 2 pounds already....=) So thank you all for your advise!!!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Just wanted to give a quick update on Kami... She is doing great now. She is eating good, well sometimes I have to hand feed her as I think she is just too lazy to eat from her bowl. I don't mind that cause I am glad I am not having to force feed her anymore. She has gained 2 pounds already....=) So thank you all for your advise!!!!

YAY So happy to hear it!!!!

OP
D

Dana Mayhall

Mar 21, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly, Bud and Kami
I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

OP
D

Dana Mayhall

Mar 21, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly, Bud and Kami
This Bud

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1302108140208.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1302108140208.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 96
OP
D

Dana Mayhall

Mar 21, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly, Bud and Kami
This is Kami

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1302108186174.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1302108186174.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 96
OP
D

Dana Mayhall

Mar 21, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly, Bud and Kami
This is Tilly

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1302108278023.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1302108278023.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 86
OP
D

Dana Mayhall

Mar 21, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly, Bud and Kami
This Grizzly

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1302108333468.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1302108333468.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 88

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Cute pictures. I'm glad your baby is eating. I have never heard of a healthy Bulldog not eating, mine have all been little pigs! You are one busy gal!!!

OP
D

Dana Mayhall

Mar 21, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tilly, Bud and Kami
I do have my hands full, I wouldnt trade it for anything.

Most Reactions