ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ok well as most of you know I've been battling some allergy issues w/Wallygator. SO I got the Fromm's Pork and Peas, and it's been about 2/3 weeks since I've added it into their diets (they get Beef Frittata for breakfast and the Pork for dinner) and NOW they both are chewing their paws at night :facepalm2: I got a big old bag of the pork because of course this is when Chewy's got bought out by Petsmart.

So should I continue for a few more weeks w/the Pork, or should I just plan to switch to something else?!!

I should add that I now have Walter on Omega 3 pet soft gels, and Walter and Willow take NuVet Plus supplements, and Herbsmith Microflora Plus. I'm hoping the Omega 3 will help Wally w/the hair loss, and I'm happy to report that his hair is starting to grow back.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I don't know anything about Fromm's, except what everyone here says about it. If you are feeding two different flavors, how could you tell(if they ARE allergic) which flavor is the culprit? Were they just getting the beef,and they were okay? Did you just recently add the pork?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene I don't know anything about Fromm's, except what everyone here says about it. If you are feeding two different flavors, how could you tell(if they ARE allergic) which flavor is the culprit? Were they just getting the beef,and they were okay? Did you just recently add the pork?

They have been on beef forever... and Wally has just started getting really bad this spring. I was giving them the Pork & Applesauce, so I wanted to try the Pork & Peas to see if that would help. Maybe the potatoes? I think I'm going to have to change to limited ingredient kibble to rule out some proteins...

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
If chewy's is still doing what they did before, the good thing about them was you can call and they will send you another food of your choice and have you donate the other bag to somewhere (i have not at this time had to do but heard from many here that they are real good about trading like that) No suggestion on the other part except yep,, you may have to go limited ingredients way ... although,, im beginning to think that with all these 'hair loss' pups we're seeing, that it's more of environmental than food.. seasonal allergies?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If chewy's is still doing what they did before, the good thing about them was you can call and they will send you another food of your choice and have you donate the other bag to somewhere (i have not at this time had to do but heard from many here that they are real good about trading like that) No suggestion on the other part except yep,, you may have to go limited ingredients way ... although,, im beginning to think that with all these 'hair loss' pups we're seeing, that it's more of environmental than food.. seasonal allergies?

I agree too... the pollen has been OFF the charts here lately.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No potato in pork/peas but it is in beef frittata.

Might be the pollen or the damn humidity stirring something up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Reminder to give antihistamines for seasonal allergies:
Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) (most sedating): 1-2 mg/pound 2-3 times daily
Cetirizine (Zyrtec,Reactine) (non sedating) : 1 mg/kg or 10–20 mg per dog, once or twice daily
Fexofenadine (Allegra) (non sedating): 2–5 mg/kg, once or twice daily
Chlorpheniramine (mildly sedating) :<20 kg: 4 mg three times daily >20 kg: 8 mg three times daily (0.25–0.5 mg/kg 3 times daily)
Loratidine (Claritin) (non sedating): 0.12 mg/lb to 0.22 mg/lb (usually 0.2 mg/pound) once daily

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ok well as most of you know I've been battling some allergy issues w/Wallygator. SO I got the Fromm's Pork and Peas, and it's been about 2/3 weeks since I've added it into their diets (they get Beef Frittata for breakfast and the Pork for dinner) and NOW they both are chewing their paws at night :facepalm2: I got a big old bag of the pork because of course this is when Chewy's got bought out by Petsmart.

So should I continue for a few more weeks w/the Pork, or should I just plan to switch to something else?!!

I should add that I now have Walter on Omega 3 pet soft gels, and Walter and Willow take NuVet Plus supplements, and Herbsmith Microflora Plus. I'm hoping the Omega 3 will help Wally w/the hair loss, and I'm happy to report that his hair is starting to grow back.

You've been at this for so long and jumping back forth and back to square one. I would go raw and see if everything clears up. Once its all cleared up cause we know raw will not be a food allergy issue. Stay on it for a month or 2. If after eating raw for a while and they are still chewing paws and all, it is NOT the food the problem but outside. At least you will be going down your yes..or no list... if you cant do raw try home cooking n you add your own protein n veggies. Or do one protein per month like an Acana bag. My 2 cents.

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Hi there
Hope by now you have found something that works. My Red was on Fromm pork and peas for over a year and I was fighting tear stains. I have switched him over to Stella and Chewy raw blend mix and his tear stains and paw itching have cleared up. My only problem with this food is he now has horrible gas

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online