food for my bully

Bailey McCandless

Feb 24, 2011
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Blake, Bentley, Brittany
Hi my vet has taken Blake (who is 12 weeks old) off of puppy food and put him on dog food to slow down his growth b/c he was knuckling. They have him on science diet,but that is also what they sale. I want the food that will keep my bully healthy and get the most out of his food. So what is the best food for my bully?? THANKS

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What do you mean by "knuckling"? I am imagining he wants a less protein diet, but without knowing for sure I cannot recommend a specific. Anyway you can call him and ask what you should be avoiding? High protein? What % range does he want you to go with, if that is the case?

We will certainly be happy to help!

OP
Bailey McCandless

Bailey McCandless

Feb 24, 2011
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Blake, Bentley, Brittany
its where his bones were outgrowing his ligaments and tendons. they wanted to slow his growth so everything could catch up. He was walking on the side of his foot almost as if it was broke. It is completly back to normal now but they said they want him on dog food for atleast 4 more weeks then they will probably swap him back to puppy food.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree with desertsky, need to know what they are avoiding in the food to know what to go with. There are MANY great foods that would be much better than science diet I know but to choose the right one for your baby we need more details I think.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.