Honest Kitchen Zeal (fish)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I would like to add fish to Hanks diet (I do make him salmon occasionally when I make it for me) and, from the looks of it this looks REAL good way to do it. I like adding my own protein, but this would be a nice addition??? If anyone has the time or notion, could you take a look and see what you think. It' wouldn't be his every meal thing, but addition to his rotation. It's the honest kitchens Zeal https://www.thehonestkitchen.com/ze...eview/product/list/id/324/?p=3&sort_by=newest

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Jax gets salmon in his rotation but I also like to throw in some sardines as well. Primal has a frozen chub or sometimes I just buy the canned Season brand no salt added. He absolutely goes crazy for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I just add sardines once a week. I don't think dogs were meant to eat so much fish. Some of the dog food companies mention that dogs need a higher Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio than humans- haven't verified this. In addition Honest Kitchen Zeal gets only a one star on the cleanlabelproject, due to heavy metal contamination in the fish. Many people here don't trust that website though. The Honest Kitchen Grain Free Zeal Fish Recipe Dry Dog Food ...More - Clean Label Project

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
sounds like i'll stick to salmon every couple of weeks and throw a couple sardines his way here and there.. how many of those do you give at once?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I found that my dog sometimes threw up on a whole can of sardines so I give 1/4-1/2 can a day, and finish the tin over a couple of days.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
sounds like i'll stick to salmon every couple of weeks and throw a couple sardines his way here and there.. how many of those do you give at once?

I will give Jax the whole can. I think they are his favorite thing to eat...he loves them!

Here is a good article about feeding sardines by Rodney Habib. Not sure if you know who he is but he is a well known pet nutritionist. Towards the bottom of the article, it talks about feeding recommendations.

https://www.planetpaws.ca/2015/10/14/sardines-for-dogs/

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I will give Jax the whole can. I think they are his favorite thing to eat...he loves them!

Here is a good article about feeding sardines by Rodney Habib. Not sure if you know who he is but he is a well known pet nutritionist. Towards the bottom of the article, it talks about feeding recommendations.

thank you [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] and ,,, this looks soooooooooo good and have it put where I can sit and read later as I'm about out for the weekend... Ohhhhhh, I WILL be reading while gone, but just mabie not quite as much :) thanks so much!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Thanks for the article... these little buggers could help Lambeau! Will start tonight

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

I thought I got back to you on this but................ anyway, thank you!!! great article!! Love to read stuff like this.. Got him his sardines though tomorrow will be his treat ;)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I thought I got back to you on this but................ anyway, thank you!!! great article!! Love to read stuff like this.. Got him his sardines though tomorrow will be his treat ;)

Let me know how he likes them!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.