Help Needed! Help! Switching food!

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
Hi everyone! I'm about to change Frans food (from wellness core puppy to Fromms grain free puppy) how should I go about weaning from the old to the new? She's had poopie issues (mostly just soft serve stool no crazy diarrhea or anything and an occasional barf that's probably from her eating whatever she can get her mouth on outside) we did a bland diet for a couple days and today is her first day to incorporate a little of the fromms in with the wellness. Please help my little baby and her belly !
I apologize if this is addressed in another topic.. I looked through and couldn't find anything
❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
yep,,, adding just a bit to her regular food is how most do it and then more each day... If you had her on the bland diet, and she did ok with that, I'm more apt to switch faster than suggested... that's me, but if I were 'you' ;) I would wait for some better answers .. I did many switches when younger, and fairly fast even then... but so far, Hanks one of the rare ones with a good tummy..

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Slow transition would be 75% old and 25% new for about 3 days, then 50% old and 50% new for the next 2 or 3 days, then 75% new and 25% old for the next 2 or 3 days and then 100% new.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is a great guideline to help with the transition

Days 1-31/4 new food, 3/4 old food or 25% new, 75% old
Days 4-61/2 new food, 1/2 cup old food or 50/50
Days 7-101/4 old food, 3/4 new food or 75% old, 25% new
Leftover old foodYou may continue to add a small portion of old food until it is gone.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.