Broth cubes

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Boiled 2 turkeys (Nyala and Duke! lol) and making frozen cubes with the broth for summer time.
a9b47c8830c5b8abc50fc024903a2ac5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Boiled 2 turkeys (Nyala and Duke! lol) and making frozen cubes with the broth for summer time.
a9b47c8830c5b8abc50fc024903a2ac5.jpg

that's funny cause,,,, I just finished cooking turkey breast and thighs for my kido today and what I do is take the bones and broth them up and (cause I don't have those fancy cube trays (are those Canadian icecube trays???) , put the readied broth in large baggie and freeze flat and then break up and drop into food in frozen chunks... so similar... today was turkey day

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
haha,,, so in other words,,, great idea :) love having it on hand and feel we get the most out of those birds...

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
that's funny cause,,,, I just finished cooking turkey breast and thighs for my kido today and what I do is take the bones and broth them up and (cause I don't have those fancy cube trays (are those Canadian icecube trays???) , put the readied broth in large baggie and freeze flat and then break up and drop into food in frozen chunks... so similar... today was turkey day
Canadian trays? That was funny. They're silicon trays. Love them! So easy to remove a cube n your fingers DONT stick to the tray! Got them at Winners/Marshall.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Canadian trays? That was funny. They're silicon trays. Love them! So easy to remove a cube n your fingers DONT stick to the tray! Got them at Winners/Marshall.

awwwwwwwww, I'm going to have to look up silicone trays now :) I have a question.... when I put the bones back in the pot to make the bone broth, they come out nice and mushy.... Is there anything left in the that I could smoosh and put on food? I handed them some from my hand, but just curious if I should do something with them for the kids...

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo

Winners??? Marshalls???? Two of my favorite stores. Got an excuse to shop now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
awwwwwwwww, I'm going to have to look up silicone trays now :) I have a question.... when I put the bones back in the pot to make the bone broth, they come out nice and mushy.... Is there anything left in the that I could smoosh and put on food? I handed them some from my hand, but just curious if I should do something with them for the kids...
I buy the whole turkey. I dont buy it cut up. After supper is when I boil turkeys for 3-5 hrs depending on the size. Then I let it sit in the broth over night so the broth sinks into the meat and it rips like a piece of paper. Keep the broth for all sorts.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
You smoosh the bones? You mean the bones disintegrated? Im lost?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
You smoosh the bones? You mean the bones disintegrated? Im lost?

yep,,, if you pinch them between your fingers, they turn to like sand... Not the bigger ones, but even they break somewhat softly.. I remember years ago, someone saying to add them to the food as well.. thing is, I use the bone broth for both the dogs and me and wouldn't want that grainy bone in there but they did enjoy me handing it to them... Just cant see any possible thing left, but mabie calcium????

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
yep,,, if you pinch them between your fingers, they turn to like sand... Not the bigger ones, but even they break somewhat softly.. I remember years ago, someone saying to add them to the food as well.. thing is, I use the bone broth for both the dogs and me and wouldn't want that grainy bone in there but they did enjoy me handing it to them... Just cant see any possible thing left, but mabie calcium????

No no you have more goodies as it has other minerals. Calcium, magnesium and potassium and many other minerals and like phosphorus which are very important for circulation, bone density, functions for the nerve signaling, healthy heart and of course digestion! So there not just calcium. Most minerals are pee out. Why minerals are the first thing to leave the body and the most important thing to keep in your body so we can function 100%.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
thanks [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] always helpful... and I ate turkey with them tonight :) it was soooooooooooo good. just turkey, nothen on or with ;) for me that is...

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] always helpful... and I ate turkey with them tonight :) it was soooooooooooo good. just turkey, nothen on or with ;) for me that is...

Funny, I kept the legs for me. Not a big fan of white meat. I had that too with them. Cut it up in small pieces with strawberries, endives, goat cheese and my homemade balsamic vinaigrette. :2thumbs:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Funny, I kept the legs for me. Not a big fan of white meat. I had that too with them. Cut it up in small pieces with strawberries, endives, goat cheese and my homemade balsamic vinaigrette. :2thumbs:

oh boy that sounds perfect!!! That's just what I was looking for last night,,, didn't find :( (as in I had no ingredients..lol) and for me,,,, the thighs as well... used to only like the white,,, now, thighs are my fav.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I did this once for my first two bullies... they had no interest in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.