ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
A friend of mine just posted this link on FB... apparently a LOT of dogs have been getting sick on Taste of the Wild, and the company has yet to put out a recall?!! What the heck? Has anyone had any issues w/TOTW? I just wanted to put this out there and see if anyone has heard about this...

taste-of-the-wild.html

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
A friend of mine just posted this link on FB... apparently a LOT of dogs have been getting sick on Taste of the Wild, and the company has yet to put out a recall?!! What the heck? Has anyone had any issues w/TOTW? I just wanted to put this out there and see if anyone has heard about this...

taste-of-the-wild.html

It's known for it's recall. I wouldn't even feed any dogs with it. Recalls non stop. My pet shop owner has stopped ordering it. She said she doesn't suggest this brand to any clients. The company eventually will pick it up after ther due date is over. So she lets it sit there. The problem is that TOTW is contracted everywhere. It's not the company that does it. So just there is a contamination problem.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I switched my Dozer over to it and his stomach tolerated it but he got wicked tear staining with a few days. Heaved the bag in the trash and that was that. I was not "Wild" about it...it left a bad "Taste" in my mouth.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I switched my Dozer over to it and his stomach tolerated it but he got wicked tear staining with a few days. Heaved the bag in the trash and that was that. I was not "Wild" about it...it left a bad "Taste" in my mouth.

omg!!! lol,,, ya did that real well lololol

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
According to "Who Makes What in Pet Food" website Diamond pet foods makes the following dog foods Who Makes What in Pet Food – Truth about Pet Food:
4Health
Apex
Canidae* (recently purchased their own manufacturing plant – it is not known when they will or if they will move all manufacturing to their own plant)
Chicken Soup
Country Value
Diamond
Diamond Naturals
Kirkland
Natural Balance dry
Nature’s Domain
Premium Edge
Professional
Solid Gold
Taste of the Wild
Wellness (one variety)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
According to "Who Makes What in Pet Food" website Diamond pet foods makes the following dog foods Who Makes What in Pet Food – Truth about Pet Food:
4Health
Apex
Canidae* (recently purchased their own manufacturing plant – it is not known when they will or if they will move all manufacturing to their own plant)
Chicken Soup
Country Value
Diamond
Diamond Naturals
Kirkland
Natural Balance dry
Nature’s Domain
Premium Edge
Professional
Solid Gold
Taste of the Wild
Wellness (one variety)

Scary when you see a lot from this list often on the recall list.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online