Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I decided to switch Chunky again to KANGAROO FORMULA (DRY) | Zignature and will see how his bowels and allergies do. [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] mentioned this brand a few weeks ago in another thread and the local pet food guy was pushing it today for dogs with allergy issues so I bought a bag to try hoping this is whats needed for Master Chunky and his weak bowels. I got some probiotics also but will wait to see how he does with the food before introducing it also. I really want him to have a food that works without having to add other stuff just to get his bowels working properly

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Beef and chicken are the main proteins causing allergies, so if the Zignature isn't working for you ( have to wait 8 weeks to know for sure) why not try a raw dehydrated with some other protein? Don't feed any snacks besides fresh or frozen fruits or vegetables during this process. I've read that some holistic vets don't feel that feeding exclusively fish based is that healthy, so maybe turkey, duck, or venison protein ?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Beef and chicken are the main proteins causing allergies, so if the Zignature isn't working for you ( have to wait 8 weeks to know for sure) why not try a raw dehydrated with some other protein? Don't feed any snacks besides fresh or frozen fruits or vegetables during this process. I've read that some holistic vets don't feel that feeding exclusively fish based is that healthy, so maybe turkey, duck, or venison protein ?

Zignature doesn't have beef, chicken or potatoes which is one of the main reasons Monty is on it. He has done very well with it after the USA Acana fiasco.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Zignature doesn't have beef, chicken or potatoes which is one of the main reasons Monty is on it. He has done very well with it after the USA Acana fiasco.

Nice to know someone else is feeding Zignature to their dog. Which protein do you feed Monty?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
I feed him the Duck and the Salmon &Trout. I am going to try him on Turkey next. He doesn't do well with Lamb, Beef or Chicken.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
someone here was just saying they feed the kangaroo I thought... and doing well.. awww daphne.. but I think the venison,,, mabie kangaroo..

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
We fed ours this for awhile earlier this year and they did fine but then I read somewhere about it having a sodium content. I thought it was weird they didn't have that listed anywhere online so I'm not positive it's accurate or not but with all the issues Pippen was having with her kidneys/bladder at the time I didn't want to make things worse!

Also, we give them some canned pumpkin every night before bed as a "bedtime snack" and their BM's are always perfect, we've never had a problem since starting to do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
someone here was just saying they feed the kangaroo I thought... and doing well.. awww daphne.. but I think the venison,,, mabie kangaroo..

I commented in my other thread that I switched Chunky to Kangaroo. I started this thread since the other thread was off course from the original topic and this is the food thread section and I will follow up here on how he does with Kangaroo

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

What happened w/the Acana? I guess I missed that thread... Lol

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
We fed ours this for awhile earlier this year and they did fine but then I read somewhere about it having a sodium content. I thought it was weird they didn't have that listed anywhere online so I'm not positive it's accurate or not but with all the issues Pippen was having with her kidneys/bladder at the time I didn't want to make things worse!

Also, we give them some canned pumpkin every night before bed as a "bedtime snack" and their BM's are always perfect, we've never had a problem since starting to do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If in any doubt about ingredients, always call the company. I found the following on Dog Food Advisor. It is a response from Zignature after someone said she had been told the sodium content was 2.00%

Zignature Dog Food Francesca • 3 months ago
Hello Francesca! We would like to inform you and apologize for the wrong information you were provided. Our Trout & Salmon formula's sodium content is 0.57%. Our highest sodium content is our Salmon formula at 0.72%. If you are able, we would like to know which representative you spoke to over phone. It would be immensely helpful so that we can correct any false information being provided.

Edited to add this:

Regardless of their name we sincerely apologize for your experience with our customer service team. We never want our fans or possible fans to have a bad experience dealing with us. Here is the correct sodium levels for all of our Zignature formulas:

Salmon-0.72%
Venison-0.60%
Kangaroo-0.67%
Whitefish-0.51%
Duck-0.70%
Lamb-0.62%
Trout & Salmon-0.57%
Turkey-0.54%
Zssential-0.52%

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
What happened w/the Acana? I guess I missed that thread... Lol

Because of the manufacturing change, I could no longer get the Pacifica so fed Monty Wild Atlantic instead. He had a massive yeast outbreak and that was the only thing that changed so I am putting it down to that. No more Acana for him which was a shame as he was doing great on the Canadian food. They added/changed so much in their recipes that I stopped feeding him any of their food.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.