Adrianp77

Jun 14, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jaxon
Hey all, brand new to the forum. My family welcomed our new buddy Jaxon 5 months ago into our home. Lately I have noticed some dry skin on his back near his tail. We have fed him eukanuba at the breeders recommendation and I was wondering if that was the problem. Is there a food that anyone would recommend for him? Thanks for your help all.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Welcome and yep.... there's the best ever food info coming your way ;) the three I hear most is ... ok the four I hear most are, Acana, Origin, Fromm and Freeze Dried foods such as Honest Kitchen.. Lots of info on all these and more that u can check out here while your waiting, but yep, food can be an issue.. Especially with these Bulldogs! ;/

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Could be- try a better quality dog food such as Fromm Heartland Gold Grain Free puppy. Transition gradually over 10 days to be safe. You can also start him on 1/4 tsp of coconut oil a day and gradually increase to about a teaspoonful per 10 pounds per day. You can rub coconut oil into the dry spots. Also fish oil is good for skin, but you don't want to start that at same time as all the rest, so later start him on some krill oil.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey all, brand new to the forum. My family welcomed our new buddy Jaxon 5 months ago into our home. Lately I have noticed some dry skin on his back near his tail. We have fed him eukanuba at the breeders recommendation and I was wondering if that was the problem. Is there a food that anyone would recommend for him? Thanks for your help all.

:welcome3: to EBN.

Agree with the gang... get off the Eukanuba and onto a high quality food.

Orijen
Acana
Fromm
Earthborn
Honest Kitchen

Are a few suggestions to look into

Doobs41378

Mar 24, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Figgy
Any pics of the puppy? We also use Fromm and give him coconut oil in his food 2 times a day.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Now medical community is saying coconut oil is bad for you. Wish they could make up their minds. Coconut oil 'as unhealthy as beef fat and butter' - BBC News

Oh btw, coffee isnt good for you either, nor is wine, nor is honey for babies, nor is peanut butter nor is anything anymore....oh wait coffee is great now for the liver...oh honey n peanut butter should be introduced to babies to build their immune system so they dont get allergies. Like DUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! No kidding! Never seen so many allergies in my life comparing to back when.

Was watching long time aga 20/20 on tv n they were paying a scientist 75K a year to check if the FLOW OF HENIZ KETCHUP was right consistent!!!! :faint::facepalm2::facepalm2: take the 75K and feed the kids in schools that cant eat breakfast cause they cant afford food would be a smart 75K investment! !! Ok im getting off the subject....