anyone good with math and food question ?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'm now looking or still looking at the Acana duck and pear,,,, but,,,,,,,,, I also like the looks of the HK spruce... The COST (yikes) of the spruce is close to 125.00 for the 10lb box that makes 40 lbs..... the acana is a 25 lb bag for 73.oo.. Where I get so confused is... how does that all work out... lol so, if anyone sees math clearly, and figuring that Hank eats about 2 1/2 cups a day of the spruce.... is that real outrageous??? I wish they measured the Acana in cups not lbs... mabie it would be more clear to me... Anyway... just tell me to shut up if I'm getting to technical here... lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If Acana is 26 lbs and 73$ a bag... then 52lbs at 146$ probably for 8 weeks of food.

THK 40lb box should last about last around same time?
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] or. [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] might have insight, he did a comparison a few years ago like this for Harlea due to all her allergies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Honest Kitchen costs you 125.00 and will last 16 days = 7.81 per day. If you feed Hank 2 and 1/2 cups a day of Acana it will cost you 73.00 and last for 41 days = 1.78 per day. So basically same 3 numbers of 1,7,8 but rotated around :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Honest Kitchen costs you 125.00 and will last 16 days = 7.81 per day. If you feed Hank 2 and 1/2 cups a day of Acana it will cost you 73.00 and last for 41 days = 1.78 per day. So basically same 3 numbers of 1,7,8 but rotated around :)

I was WAY off... i suck when it comes to numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I'm now looking or still looking at the Acana duck and pear,,,, but,,,,,,,,, I also like the looks of the HK spruce... The COST (yikes) of the spruce is close to 125.00 for the 10lb box that makes 40 lbs..... the acana is a 25 lb bag for 73.oo.. Where I get so confused is... how does that all work out... lol so, if anyone sees math clearly, and figuring that Hank eats about 2 1/2 cups a day of the spruce.... is that real outrageous??? I wish they measured the Acana in cups not lbs... mabie it would be more clear to me... Anyway... just tell me to shut up if I'm getting to technical here... lol

The chepest way to go is kibbles for sure. HK n SF is very expensive. Just mix them both (kibbles n HK SF)if you really want to save money. Also never forget what all companies do is a guideline it is NOT in cement that you need to feed them the amounts they say as guidelines. Always keep your dog under the guidelines if you dont want them fat. Especially with kibbles.

Dont need to do the math [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] covered it. Btw what is dollys owner's name?

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
all good stuff here and much appreciated! I think that the reason I want to always have a kibble that's good is for my little travels so I don't stress out again.. It's like I just don't want to go anywhere as I'm get all worrisome about POOP! So thanks :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm a pharmacist, so I have to do a bit of math from day/QUOTE]

Ahhhhh, now I understand why you know so much in different meds or mixtures! All your posts kept trickling my brain as im also a certified emr and said to myself.....shes got to be in a lab or something. Makes more sense why you're so knowledgeable in your posts. I always said from a young 20yr old I would trust more a pharmacist in meds before any doctors. Meds are your field way before a doc. :2thumbs:

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
A box of THK lasted 2.5 weeks and a bag of Acana last around 5 weeks feeding Chunky the suggested amounts which for Acana is 2.5 cups per day. He is 64lbs and I don't remember the amount of THK I fed Chunky but it was expensive and went fast

Acana Duck and Pear is $75.00 and THK Turkey and Parsnip is $97.00 so I am saving a lot and he isn't having tear stain issues anymore which was my fault for not cleaning/drying his face after each meal

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
well, for the heck of it I ordered the duck and pear to give it a shot.... I love all these foods and hope that this will be a nice addition :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
A box of THK lasted 2.5 weeks and a bag of Acana last around 5 weeks feeding Chunky the suggested amounts which for Acana is 2.5 cups per day. He is 64lbs and I don't remember the amount of THK I fed Chunky but it was expensive and went fast

Acana Duck and Pear is $75.00 and THK Turkey and Parsnip is $97.00 so I am saving a lot and he isn't having tear stain issues anymore which was my fault for not cleaning/drying his face after each meal

So what you are saying duck/pear got rid of the tear stains?

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
So what you are saying duck/pear got rid of the tear stains?

No i was saying he had for the first time and issue with tear stains while eating THK and me not cleaning his face well after each meal. I am only cleaning his folds 2-3 times per week now and his tear stains are better but its taken months to get to where he is now and I gave him a bottle of OcuBrite which someone on here suggested which cleared the tears stains up

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
If Biff wakes-up at 0530 and carries a 50 lb surfboard to the beach while eating a health food salad and catches a wave going 15mph. How long will it take him to get home?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Most Reactions