anyone good with math and food question ?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
$125 for THK Spruce is a joke as you are paying for the duck that is in it. You would be better off going with the Preference base mix and buying the duck or other animal protein yourself as it would be cheaper in the long run. We use the Preference mix and even with the proteins we add our average cost is $1.00 to $2.00 per day.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
If Biff wakes-up at 0530 and carries a 50 lb surfboard to the beach while eating a health food salad and catches a wave going 15mph. How long will it take him to get home?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ha! let me seeeeeeee, give me a min, i'll surely have this figured.... lolololol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
If Biff wakes-up at 0530 and carries a 50 lb surfboard to the beach while eating a health food salad and catches a wave going 15mph. How long will it take him to get home? Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ONLY YOU!!!! :lmaogirl::lmaoboy::lmaogirl::lmaoboy::lmaogirl:

Reminds me long time ago I was in a big meeting/conference while I was working in the education field, there was a professor introducing a new way of doing math for elementary children. This was a pilot project in Quebec only before implementing it to the other provinces and it was questions like what you just post. All parents were invited. So he writes a few questions on this massive projection board like in the Universities. Tells the parents not to panic as all teachers was going to learn it and not the parents. Warned the parents NOT to get involved because they will not do it right as they weren't trained and will confused the child more. Puts an example on the board and asked " can someone tell me the answer? " after a couple minutes not one parent nor teachers did. I lean against the director tell him the answer...so he said go for it... sitting against a gym wall raised my hand gave the answer...bammm bang on...lol He gives another question same thing I give the answer....another question I raised my hand but then he said....NOT YOU! Lolllll

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
$125 for THK Spruce is a joke as you are paying for the duck that is in it. You would be better off going with the Preference base mix and buying the duck or other animal protein yourself as it would be cheaper in the long run. We use the Preference mix and even with the proteins we add our average cost is $1.00 to $2.00 per day.

agreed!!!!! And I alternate between preference and kindly and have been searching where to find duck to add to it. and,,,, what protein do you use that you can end up so cost effective??? I feel that his meals are at least 4 bucks a wack.... which Is fine, I eat that much a meal too but just curious...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Meat in the USA is a lot cheaper than Canada. Here in Alberta the so call beef country, you'll pay way more than any other provinces. Go figure. Example, one rib steak of 1" will be from 20 $ - 30 $ !!!! Extra lean ground beef 2lbs will be over $10 to $15.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
this is going to be another (maybe) lame question but.................... when it sais a cup of protein,,, should I be measuring 'pre' cooked? (that would be real hard with an intact turkey now wouldn't it) I smash a cup of cooked meat into a measuring cup for his 'cup' of meat.. is that right?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
this is going to be another (maybe) lame question but.................... when it sais a cup of protein,,, should I be measuring 'pre' cooked? (that would be real hard with an intact turkey now wouldn't it) I smash a cup of cooked meat into a measuring cup for his 'cup' of meat.. is that right?
If Biff gets home at 0530 after robbing a health food store and can run 6 mph in front of a cop car going 20 mph, how many years in the pen will he get?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

Reminds me long time ago I was in a big meeting/conference while I was working in the education field, there was a professor introducing a new way of doing math for elementary children. This was a pilot project in Quebec only before implementing it to the other provinces and it was questions like what you just post. All parents were invited. So he writes a few questions on this massive projection board like in the Universities. Tells the parents not to panic as all teachers was going to learn it and not the parents. Warned the parents NOT to get involved because they will not do it right as they weren't trained and will confused the child more. Puts an example on the board and asked " can someone tell me the answer? " after a couple minutes not one parent nor teachers did. I lean against the director tell him the answer...so he said go for it... sitting against a gym wall raised my hand gave the answer...bammm bang on...lol He gives another question same thing I give the answer....another question I raised my hand but then he said....NOT YOU! Lolllll
Lol. Not me either!!!!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meat in the USA is a lot cheaper than Canada. Here in Alberta the so call beef country, you'll pay way more than any other provinces. Go figure. Example, one rib steak of 1" will be from 20 $ - 30 $ !!!! Extra lean ground beef 2lbs will be over $10 to $15.
Well I do recall my young soldier days standing in the checkout line in the commissary. There was another soldier in the line next to us whose cart was full of steaks I guess having a big unit party. I noticed my wife looked at his basket then ours...we had ground beef..and then back at his. I interrupted her thoughts saying that it was a shame that he could not afford his to have cut up like his.

I love a good steak...medium rare, with a baked potato all the way, some grilled asparagus, and a good bottle of Merlot. Hmmmmmm gooooooood!

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

omggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good goen brainiac lolol

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
heck!!! I'm all confused just trying to follow along :blush2: lololol

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Ocubrite has tylosin, an antibiotic, so not the healthiest way to get rid of tear stains.

No i was saying he had for the first time and issue with tear stains while eating THK and me not cleaning his face well after each meal. I am only cleaning his folds 2-3 times per week now and his tear stains are better but its taken months to get to where he is now and I gave him a bottle of OcuBrite which someone on here suggested which cleared the tears stains up

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
In United States U-Stew base mix costs 1.30 per day for a 40-50 pound dog, and Honest Kitchen Preference and Kindly base mixes will cost 1.78 per day for same size dog. Plus cost of protein. In Canada U-Stew cost 1.30 per day in Canadian dollars and Honest Kitchen costs 3.30 per day. in CAD So in Canada there's no question that U-Stew is a much better deal than Honest Kitchen.

If you want to buy a raw dehydrated with protein in Canada the Canisource Grand Cru is really cheap but the beef version has grains. Spot Farms is roughly around 3.60 per day for a 50 pound dog.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
In United States U-Stew base mix costs 1.30 per day for a 40-50 pound dog, and Honest Kitchen Preference and Kindly base mixes will cost 1.78 per day for same size dog. Plus cost of protein. In Canada U-Stew cost 1.30 per day in Canadian dollars and Honest Kitchen costs 3.30 per day. in CAD So in Canada there's no question that U-Stew is a much better deal than Honest Kitchen.

If you want to buy a raw dehydrated with protein in Canada the Canisource Grand Cru is really cheap but the beef version has grains. Spot Farms is roughly around 3.60 per day for a 50 pound dog.

You are SO good!! thank you so much! fun for me to see all this, and will print out some stuff for further consideration too :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I love a good steak...medium rare, with a baked potato all the way, some grilled asparagus, and a good bottle of Merlot. Hmmmmmm gooooooood! Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Only way to go!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.