Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: anyone good with math and food question ?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    ONLY YOU!!!!

Reminds me long time ago I was in a big meeting/conference while I was working in the education field, there was a professor introducing a new way of doing math for elementary children. This was a pilot project in Quebec only before implementing it to the other provinces and it was questions like what you just post. All parents were invited. So he writes a few questions on this massive projection board like in the Universities. Tells the parents not to panic as all teachers was going to learn it and not the parents. Warned the parents NOT to get involved because they will not do it right as they weren't trained and will confused the child more. Puts an example on the board and asked " can someone tell me the answer? " after a couple minutes not one parent nor teachers did. I lean against the director tell him the answer...so he said go for it... sitting against a gym wall raised my hand gave the answer...bammm bang on...lol He gives another question same thing I give the answer....another question I raised my hand but then he said....NOT YOU! Lolllll
    omggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good goen brainiac lolol

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

heck!!! I'm all confused just trying to follow along lololol

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Ocubrite has tylosin, an antibiotic, so not the healthiest way to get rid of tear stains.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    No i was saying he had for the first time and issue with tear stains while eating THK and me not cleaning his face well after each meal. I am only cleaning his folds 2-3 times per week now and his tear stains are better but its taken months to get to where he is now and I gave him a bottle of OcuBrite which someone on here suggested which cleared the tears stains up

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

In United States U-Stew base mix costs 1.30 per day for a 40-50 pound dog, and Honest Kitchen Preference and Kindly base mixes will cost 1.78 per day for same size dog. Plus cost of protein. In Canada U-Stew cost 1.30 per day in Canadian dollars and Honest Kitchen costs 3.30 per day. in CAD So in Canada there's no question that U-Stew is a much better deal than Honest Kitchen.

If you want to buy a raw dehydrated with protein in Canada the Canisource Grand Cru is really cheap but the beef version has grains. Spot Farms is roughly around 3.60 per day for a 50 pound dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    $125 for THK Spruce is a joke as you are paying for the duck that is in it. You would be better off going with the Preference base mix and buying the duck or other animal protein yourself as it would be cheaper in the long run. We use the Preference mix and even with the proteins we add our average cost is $1.00 to $2.00 per day.

6. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    In United States U-Stew base mix costs 1.30 per day for a 40-50 pound dog, and Honest Kitchen Preference and Kindly base mixes will cost 1.78 per day for same size dog. Plus cost of protein. In Canada U-Stew cost 1.30 per day in Canadian dollars and Honest Kitchen costs 3.30 per day. in CAD So in Canada there's no question that U-Stew is a much better deal than Honest Kitchen.

If you want to buy a raw dehydrated with protein in Canada the Canisource Grand Cru is really cheap but the beef version has grains. Spot Farms is roughly around 3.60 per day for a 50 pound dog.
    You are SO good!! thank you so much! fun for me to see all this, and will print out some stuff for further consideration too

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    I love a good steak...medium rare, with a baked potato all the way, some grilled asparagus, and a good bottle of Merlot. Hmmmmmm gooooooood! Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Only way to go!

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    this is going to be another (maybe) lame question but.................... when it sais a cup of protein,,, should I be measuring 'pre' cooked? (that would be real hard with an intact turkey now wouldn't it) I smash a cup of cooked meat into a measuring cup for his 'cup' of meat.. is that right?
    Working in the food industry n measuring all in grams, when I came across HKP I question....one measuring up or grams....a lot more if you go my way...so the answer was a measuring cup.

10. Likes Hankster liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

I would say you measure out raw or thawed raw or frozen protein to mix with the Preference or Kindly base mix, ie. 1 cup of Kindly or Preference base mix to 1-1.5 cups of uncooked meat. Then once you have measured the raw meat in a measuring cup you can cook it.

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Id kind of like to just weigh... but then raw is heaver so that would be wrong too... oh boy! but think I got it covered...

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

So in Canada if you want to go with base mix use U-Stew instead of Honest Kitchen.

If you want to go for a complete dehydrated raw go with Grand Cru if grains are ok for your dog. If not, go with Spot Farms since its 3.30 per day for a 50 pound dog. The other two main dehydrated raw brands in Canada are more expensive-Amore dehydrated raw is about 5.00 per day and NRG is about 5.50 per day for a 50 pound dog. Compare this to Honest Kitchen Marvel at 7.09 per day for a 50 pound dog in Canada.

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

I just posted all the Canadian prices for dehydrated raw right now. I didn't do a back to back comparison of all the US prices but I just checked two - Spot Farm Grain Free Turkey is 3.71 US per day for a 50 pound dog and Honest Kitchen Spruce is 6.10 US per day for a 50 pound dog.

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I just posted all the Canadian prices for dehydrated raw right now. I didn't do a back to back comparison of all the US prices but I just checked two - Spot Farm Grain Free Turkey is 3.71 US per day for a 50 pound dog and Honest Kitchen Spruce is 6.10 US per day for a 50 pound dog.
    Lynne or is this Brian? Not sure but......were did you post this? Also what was the name of the tear stain remover.... has letters like (I think) obu....I saw it somewhere cant find it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads